Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mech C2C

K

Kacper

hi was hoping if any of you wonderful people had any types or knowledge of how best to play with Russian Mech troops. what I most want to know is what is the tactics of keeping the best C2C when the BMP has a radio but the troops don't. is it just a "simple matter of keeping the men within voice (50m) or visual range (line of sight) of the BMP? or once the men are out does c2c not matter anymore because they shouldn't be out of the BMP longer then it takes to perform their simple task or order. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

well looking at this video i guess the Russians have no C2C when the dismount

is it just a "simple matter of keeping the men within voice (50m) or visual range (line of sight) of the BMP? or once the men are out does c2c not matter anymore because they shouldn't be out of the BMP longer then it takes to perform their simple task or order.
Both of these. Soviet squads are not independent formations, the platoon is the basic manoeuver element. Mass, mass, mass.

yeah the hapless videos are good but not deep enough for me. these videos from the us army I found are a lot of help however.

hi was hoping if any of you wonderful people had any types or knowledge of how best to play with Russian Mech troops. what I most want to know is what is the tactics of keeping the best C2C when the BMP has a radio but the troops don't. is it just a "simple matter of keeping the men within voice (50m) or visual range (line of sight) of the BMP? or once the men are out does c2c not matter anymore because they shouldn't be out of the BMP longer then it takes to perform their simple task or order. any help would be much appreciated. thanks
Imo it all depends on the context. Keeping the HQ in a BMP and having it unbuttoned helps spotting and it will share the spotting with the other BMPs in c2. However that will mean infantry needs to stick close to be in c2 (or close to other Plt HQ / Co HQ). In some situations I like to keep the platoon dismounts and vehicles close together (mass). In other situations it can be more profitable to organize vehicles in a fighting group not necessarily close to the dismounts (for example in complex terrain and or when under heavy AT overwatch). Such a group in Russian theory is called a 'bronegruppa' IIRC. Although other nation armies also have similar doctrines.

Personally I first look what kind of 'effects' are required for the mission at hand and from there look how I can achieve those effects. There's no magical golden bullets and in my personal opinion doctrines are very useful but shouldn't become a straightjacket or a goal in and of itself. The goal is victory (successfully completing the mission), doctrine is important tool but critical thinking and creativity should always have a say as well!

I guess i wanna follow doctrine because i really like to almost role-play CM. I try not to use modern tactics in ww2 for example and following doctrine makes it feel like I'm not gaming the game as silly as that sounds

oh some tank formations like box and diamond I feel are to advanced I only use line column arrow or R/L echelon, advanced CQB tactics, Modern assult Tactics. off the top of my head. WW2 tactics are very basic so I try to keep them that way.

Back