Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Meijel Mayhem CMFB

W

Will S

I loaded the file from the German (attacking) side to look at the map. Could be interesting. Didn't read the briefing or look at forces/reinforcements.

Pick your side.

Hey,
i think i can put up a fight. Didn't play this scenario against AI as well. I can take US forces. Good pbem files rate ;) PM if your interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
This one has ended with a German major victory. Was a good game that was challenging in a number of ways. Well played by Jaskiers Americans, they caused lots of casualties during the German advance. Don't want to give out too many spoilers so I won't go into a detailed AAR, but I'll give my two cents on what I thought of the game.

The German path to victory was quite narrow, so re-playability of this scenario might not be that interesting. But it was a challenge no doubt, and was fun to give a go once. The German force was armor strong but brittle, the infantry was weak and few in numbers, combined with the muddy ground it required a careful advance into a large area where Americans were waiting around every bend. There was a lot of ground to cover and the time limit was adequate I think. There was no time for lolly gagging but I didn't feel a bum rush was required either. American side had a strong and deadly force (Which I suspected when the briefing specifically wrote about American forces being weak and poor quality. Don't expect much resistance. Ha. Pretty much a classic scenario briefing fake out, which seems to be so standard from designers it actually has the opposite of its intended effect).

After the game finished I checked the American briefing and I noticed that the defensive player in this one had zero ability to set up their force in a way they saw fitting. This is unfortunate I think. I believe the defensive player should have some say over how their forces and fortifications are established. I would not have enjoyed this scenario from the defensive side for that reason alone, and if I had known that was the case I would not have asked my opponent to play this scenario. I did not think the initial american setup was very good or effective, and that is how I feel about other scenarios that force the defensive player into one static setup. But that's just me, others may find the lack of setup enjoyable. It's also another way that re-playing this scenario would not be interesting once someone has been through it once.

Had fun playing with some toys not normally encountered in QB's and with a force that was different from what I have grown accustomed to. Always learn a thing or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the ribbon! Looking good :)

Anyway, my two cents. "Meijel Mayhem" is indeed hard scenario both for attacker and defender. No setup zone was more than a nuisance as it limited US possibilities to set some kind of defence in depth plan.

Having said that, scenario was all about two powerful armor forces clashing in muddy terrain with mobility limited to just a few roads, possibly creating bottleneck situations for the Germans and great ambush position for US armor. @Will S managed to shuffle his armor assets in suitable position and in long-range trade of AP rounds he knocked most of my armor.

As a bonus, little spoiler photo ( i love those small stories about bravery which often get lost in the bigger picture :)

This little guy bounces around 25 shells, and with optics destroyed and commander killed, managed to 1-hit enemy tank from around 1 km before crew recalled they have an urgent meeting far at the rear

Back