Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Merredin Army Museum (pics)

Stafford

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
On the highway connecting my home town of Kalgoorlie and Perth lies the small town of Merredin (pop. 2800), I haven't been into their Army Museum as we usually only stop there briefly to stretch our legs during the six hour trip between the two cities, but I was able to poke my camera through the wire and take a few quick snaps.

keAuQBp.jpg

Grant and Valentine tanks. M113(?) and Huey(?) in the background.
w1GaYFa.jpg

2OzfSE2.jpg

78v6czC.jpg

3Z2H9ec.jpg

LP Universal Carrier with 2 pounder gun. These were the locally built version of the British Universal Carrier.

jueHYVs.jpg

Poor old LP Carrier has seen better days.

N5PfGj5.jpg

M3(?) Stuart and I'm not sure what the armoured car is, British vehicle of some kind and I'm sure someone here will be able to identify it.

I also found this link with some more pictures, including a few inside the Museum itself. Hope you found it interesting!

Last edited:
A couple of weeks back, you posted in my welcome thread! Didn't notice a fellow West Aussie, #feelsbadman :( ;)

I've enjoyed your AARs btw, that 12,000 point battle must have been a marathon to put together!

Back