FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
surgicalcoder65@aol.com
Do we place ALL mods, from ALL CM modules in a z folder for these to run? Thanks.

Rich

jobu88

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
christopher.earls88@gmail.com
Each game's directory has its own Data folder with the Z folder inside it. Mods should only be placed in the Z folder of the game they're intended for. Except I think the realistic flames and maybe a few others will work with all the games, so you put a copy in each game's Z folder. But the great majority are designed for a specific game. For example here's my CMRT directory, and all my CMRT mods are in the Z folder.

If you mean modules of an individual game, like CMBN MG, CMBN CW, etc then yes, they can all go in the same Z folder in your CMBN directory.

RT Z.png

Last edited:

chiquichops

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
richardbeevor@gmail.com
Hi,
This is an aside but I thought I'd tag it on here because I'm not sure where to post it. I figure it's not a big surprise to many but it was kind of a nice thing to realise about mod files.
Here's something I found out yesterday: If a particular mod won't run , try putting a Z before it in the filename. I did this (I was trying a French uniform mod which didn't seem to be working) and the mod suddenly worked. The reason I guess is that you make sure the mod loads last of all by it being a Z.

jobu88

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
christopher.earls88@gmail.com
If you mean modules of an individual game, like CMBN MG, CMBN CW, etc then yes, they can all go in the same Z folder in your CMBN directory.

RichieRich

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
surgicalcoder65@aol.com
Thank you both.....by the way is a small z okay, or capital Z necessary?

chiquichops

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
richardbeevor@gmail.com
Are you getting our game all modded up Rich?
There's a lot of lead flying about right now, good job we brought our tin hats!

RichieRich

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
surgicalcoder65@aol.com
You are wasting no time driving down the center of the map, and you did a really nice job early on knocking out some of my precious panzers.....................now I have to figure out making you pay dearly for the town you are encircling!!

chiquichops

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
richardbeevor@gmail.com
It's a great scenario. Good choice Rich. It's a lot to manage but a big learning curve. Get your mods sorted and it'll look even better. I'll message you with my favourites as soon as I can.
Cheers

RichieRich

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
surgicalcoder65@aol.com
Rick, I added Floating Icons mod into the z folder, under MODS but I don't see them in the game. Everything else is working fine. Did I place these in the wrong folder? I still see the original floating icons during our game. Any ideas?

chiquichops

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
richardbeevor@gmail.com
I'm not sure. Are they CMFI compatible? If they are, try putting a Z before the file name. This should make it install last of all, just in case there's another mod getting in the way. It does have to be in the z folder, so that's not the problem.

chiquichops

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
richardbeevor@gmail.com
I stick to the original icons because I'm so used to them now but tell me what you think of them if you get it working.