Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mod Question

Each game's directory has its own Data folder with the Z folder inside it. Mods should only be placed in the Z folder of the game they're intended for. Except I think the realistic flames and maybe a few others will work with all the games, so you put a copy in each game's Z folder. But the great majority are designed for a specific game. For example here's my CMRT directory, and all my CMRT mods are in the Z folder.

If you mean modules of an individual game, like CMBN MG, CMBN CW, etc then yes, they can all go in the same Z folder in your CMBN directory.

RT Z.png

Last edited:
Hi,
This is an aside but I thought I'd tag it on here because I'm not sure where to post it. I figure it's not a big surprise to many but it was kind of a nice thing to realise about mod files.
Here's something I found out yesterday: If a particular mod won't run , try putting a Z before it in the filename. I did this (I was trying a French uniform mod which didn't seem to be working) and the mod suddenly worked. The reason I guess is that you make sure the mod loads last of all by it being a Z.

If you mean modules of an individual game, like CMBN MG, CMBN CW, etc then yes, they can all go in the same Z folder in your CMBN directory.

Are you getting our game all modded up Rich?
There's a lot of lead flying about right now, good job we brought our tin hats!

You are wasting no time driving down the center of the map, and you did a really nice job early on knocking out some of my precious panzers.....................now I have to figure out making you pay dearly for the town you are encircling!!

It's a great scenario. Good choice Rich. It's a lot to manage but a big learning curve. Get your mods sorted and it'll look even better. I'll message you with my favourites as soon as I can.
Cheers

Rick, I added Floating Icons mod into the z folder, under MODS but I don't see them in the game. Everything else is working fine. Did I place these in the wrong folder? I still see the original floating icons during our game. Any ideas?

I'm not sure. Are they CMFI compatible? If they are, try putting a Z before the file name. This should make it install last of all, just in case there's another mod getting in the way. It does have to be in the z folder, so that's not the problem.

I stick to the original icons because I'm so used to them now but tell me what you think of them if you get it working.

I was told scenarios go in the Scenario folder (makes sense). I don't have a scenario folder inside the Data folder. Do you create this folder like you do the Z folder?

Another question I have on CMFB. My mouse does not scroll when I move to the edge or corner of screen. The wheel does raise and lower the view. I am using the standard view setting in options. I don't know if I change a setting that eliminate these mouse functions. Thanks

Back