Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

most realistics mods ?

M

Matt_Mulder

Hey guys
my pc died a few months ago and I was moving back to France at the same time. Getting used to my new life/new job kept me away from gaming.
I'm waiting now to receive my ultimate gaming pc and I would like to reinstall the whole Combat Mission package.

Could you please tell me which are the most realistic mods? I would like to get the best experience and I'm asking which mods do you players use.

Thanks a lot !

Wow, where do I to begin.
Can't go wrong with 'Aristoteles' (Aris) vehicle/gun mods.
'Veins Terrain Desturation' mod is a must.
'Juju's walls & rail bridge are really good.
The 'Hexed shaped maeker' by Bil-H is useful.
'Translucent tress' by Rambler is handy. His 'trees&Bocage' is also good.
Darkenlords muzzel flash.
Casualty Marker Bloody Spot by mikeyD.
Mords War Ravaged US & German Faces.
Stkkypixie's 'subduded fortification icons' is essential has it removes the clutter of icons.
Aris's HD Explosion Mod, can't play without it.
Clear day contrails by mikeyD.
Aris's water mod.
"Tanks a lot's" buildings/barns. These are really good.
'Weapons range' is another but I do not know who made it.
Aris's CMBN horizons.
Camouflaged Defensive works mod by umlaut.

I'm not sure which UI/silloutte mods I'm using.

- Anything by Aris gets top spot. With the exception of the CMFI backgrounds, just seemed off for me.
- Sounds mods by AKD are nice and some other new modders are entering this area.
- Line Nathangun, I'm using a complete UI and silhouette overhaul (2 seperate mods) which I can't live without, just can't remember the names and I'm not at home posting this. Go through the BF Mod forums and you're bound to spot them. I think they are the only real game in town on that front.

Take a peak at any of the videos on my Youtube channel to see the end result I play with.

Juju and Marco Bergman are the two UI modders, whose mods intertwine well.

SFX 1.2.5 sound mod or JorgeMC sound mod is a must in my opinion. I'm actually using a combination of the two, you can choose which gun sounds you like best from each and mix and match :) For example I prefer SFX Mg42 but Garand from JorgeMC mod. Both work with CM:FI as well of course.

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4795/details

A small sample:

As you can see they add a lot of immersion compared to stock sounds.

hello guys !
Thanks for your expertise and useful links :) It's a pleasure to be a part of this website !

Matthieu

In addition to the before mentioned Mods I recommend Aris Dust-Mod. It's a small one but adds lots of immersion. You can find it in the Battlefront Repository in the CMFI section but works also fIne in CMBN. Also a consideration is Veins Tracer Mod. It replaces the yellow tracers with more realistic red ones.

I wish the repository would be a better and more comfortable place to find and download mods. As it is now it is just painfull...

Green as Jades website is easy to tranverse (Date order by product) I use to check it every couple days and add the new stuff I liked... not sure of url... I believe cmmods.com sorry if wrong... its been a while

Sent via Tapatalk 2

I think the easiest way of doing mods (at least for this community) is for someone to merge a whole lot of popular mods together in a zip folder and post a combined file on a website or dropbox. I did a whole lot of Aris mods together for a few others a while ago but it takes time to upload.

Something like...
- Popular Terrain
- Aris Axis Vehicles
- Aris Allied Vehicles
- Popular UI / Portrait etc.

Then users don't need to download 100 odd individual files, can just sort out which ones they want from one big file.

This is a shameless plug, but, if you're looking for realistic small arms, I just finished up a new version of my weapons mod. Lots of inaccuracies fixed and a bunch of stuff added. I posted some example screens in the release thread here, and if you like what you see you can download here.

This is a shameless plug, but, if you're looking for realistic small arms, I just finished up a new version of my weapons mod. Lots of inaccuracies fixed and a bunch of stuff added. I posted some example screens in the release thread here, and if you like what you see you can download here.

Shameless? Bah! It is a great mod!

Thanks, Smash. That was the modest streak in me. I figure the amount of work I put into it allows me to self-promote a bit :D.

Thanks, Smash. That was the modest streak in me. I figure the amount of work I put into it allows me to self-promote a bit :D.

It absolutely allows for self-promote! Outstanding work Rambler. Got the skins downloaded and installed right away.

I love sound mods. They add hugely to the atmosphere of the games.

I love sound mods. They add hugely to the atmosphere of the games.

Fully agree. I actually made a mix for myself out of different mods, comparing real life sounds of the guns (mostly youtube research :) ) with what could be found in different mods. I think I have 3 or 4 mods mixed now to get the most realistic sounds I can.

Fully agree. I actually made a mix for myself out of different mods, comparing real life sounds of the guns (mostly youtube research :) ) with what could be found in different mods. I think I have 3 or 4 mods mixed now to get the most realistic sounds I can.

Care to upload your mix to dropbox? :)
Would like to listen to it.

Back