Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Avatar 2

I humored Mary and we went yesterday. It was nice eye candy. But the script was just the same as the first. "White man bad, indigenous people good."

I understand that movies 3, 4 and 5 are also ready for release. I am guessing Mary will be going without me.
You're a bad man...

Oh dear, I feared as much. The reviews don't seem kind. May I ask you - are we talking Phantom Menace type bad? I found myself seething in the cinema at that one, which was a non-pleasant experience: I don't want to do that again. (Normally I can enjoy some of even quite bad films...but this was too much)

Reactions: mTk
I actually quite liked it. It did what an avatar movie was suposed to do, which was push the limits of CGI. It was not, unfortunately, better than the first one, but almost no sequel ever is.

“A lot of things I did earlier, I wouldn't do—career-wise and just risks that you take as a wild, testosterone-poisoned young man. I always think of [testosterone] as a toxin that you have to slowly work out of your system.” - James Cameron.

“A lot of things I did earlier, I wouldn't do—career-wise and just risks that you take as a wild, testosterone-poisoned young man. I always think of [testosterone] as a toxin that you have to slowly work out of your system.” - James Cameron.
The guy actually admitted that…wow. I guess his best stuff is behind him then.

Back