Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE] Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Series

I'm a big fan of the character, Lisbeth Salander.
-----
"Millennium is a series of best-selling and award-winning Swedish crime novels, created by journalist Stieg Larsson. The two primary characters in the saga are Lisbeth Salander, a woman in her 20s with a photographic memory and poor social skills, and Mikael Blomkvist, an investigative journalist and publisher of a magazine called Millennium. Larsson planned the series as having ten installments, but due to his sudden death in 2004, only three were completed and published. All three were published posthumously..." -Wiki
-----
"In 2013, publisher Norstedts Förlag commissioned Swedish author and crime journalist David Lagercrantz to continue the Millennium series with Larsson's characters. Lagercrantz's first novel in the series, The Girl in the Spider's Web, was published in 2015. Another installment, The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye, followed in 2017. His third novel, The Girl Who Lived Twice, was published in August 2019. " -Wiki
Not sure if I've read the last two. Really will have to look into that.
Along the way the Swedish started making TV films. There were three, each were two episodes, 90 minutes each.
-----
Swedish Films:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, released on February 25, 2009.
The Girl Who Played with Fire, released on September 18, 2009.
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, released on November 27, 2009
-----
American movie makers eventually decided to cash on on a good thing and made these movies:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Released in North America on December 21, 2011
The Girl in the Spider's Web. Released in Sweden on October 26, 2018,
-----
Anyway, I just discovered a couple of days ago I hadn't seen "...Hornets' Nest" yet. Yippee! (watching on Amazon, but I think it is free on You Tube as well.)
Half way through it now and I like it very much. It's much more subdued than its predecessors. More story driven than violent, but I can feel it coming.
Lisbeth has been played by Noomi Rapace in the Swedish productions, and Rooney Mara in the American efforts. Hard to pick a favorite there.
-----
So, for your viewing pleasure I offer the trailer for "Hornets' Nest." Enjoy.
-

I have seen the original trilogy and i am wondering if the new ones are worth a watch.

Back