[Movie] Joker

eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER

Not a movie for everyone! I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a knock out job as "the Joker". I know Heath Ledger was spot on but Joaquin brought more of a "realness" to the character. Heath's felt and watched different due to batman being in the movie. Gave his character more of a fictional feeling, did not feel real. The musical score was crazy melodramatic along with the grainy and grittiness of the way the movie was filmed. Weird to say I felt uncomfortable watching the whole movie but enjoyed it? I see the DVD is coming out. Not a family movie nor a movie to take your spouse (unless she is cool and into this sort of shit

Nimakai

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
I have to agree. Watching the Joker was interesting. Moments that felt uncomfortable but that for me wins it.
Great film. Looking forward to re-watching it. I feel like I may of missed subtle layers in the film. But that could just be me.

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
Watched it a week ago. Best movie I've seen in years. If Joaquin Phoenix doesn't win an Oscar, he will be cheated. Everything about this movie is absolutely top shelf....casting, acting, score, story, cinematography. Yes, parts of it made me uncomfortable, but that is as it should be.