Markojager

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Pearl harbor 2? Wait for it, there is some love triangle in the film, even if it's between a zero, a Wildcat and a Devastator.

julianj

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Knowing who it is, I was half-waiting for giant aliens to appear....

Buckykatt

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
buckykatt1@outlook.com
I may watch it when it's on DVD..I certainly would not pay 10 bucks to see it in a theater. I'll watch the original.

Gunner

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
tramos1@optonline.net
A naval CGI fest fer sure.
I'll see it in the theaters if I can find someone to go with because my wife sure as heck ain't going. :D

Hey whatever happened to the Pegasus Bridge movie?

sspoom

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
went to see this on Dec 7th
I highly recommend it and on the big screen is a must.
My wife even loved it although she had to cover her eyes a few times it was so intense

Wastetoid

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
Email
eghenson01@gmail.com
Its funny that you guys mentioned romance in "war movies". My wife loved the movie Pearl Harbor. It is loaded with a sappy love story. Its the only "war" movie she likes and understandably so. She can't understand why I didn't like it.

mTk

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
montarakid@yahoo.com
Just watched this a 2nd time. I liked it.
Not ashamed a bit to say I liked it quite a lot actually. It really looked darned good don't you think?
Even learned something if the story about the IJN war gaming their plan, in which they refused to include the possibility of the USN being located to the NE of Midway, was accurate.
And I learned that the USS Nautilus came soo close to hitting the Akagi's rudder with her tor... Well, ok. Hollywood director's prerogative there. However, he wasn't making a documentary so gotta give him a little leeway. Some other minor irritants, but not really anything for me to seriously b**** about.

Wellsonian

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Just watched this a 2nd time. I liked it.
Not ashamed a bit to say I liked it quite a lot actually. It really looked darned good don't you think?
Even learned something if the story about the IJN war gaming their plan, in which they refused to include the possibility of the USN being located to the NE of Midway, was accurate.
And I learned that the USS Nautilus came soo close to hitting the Akagi's rudder with her tor... Well, ok. Hollywood director's prerogative there. However, he wasn't making a documentary so gotta give him a little leeway. Some other minor irritants, but not really anything for me to seriously b**** about.
I was one of the ones who watched it in a theater (remember those?)...then I watched it again on my iPad. Still loved it, and I didn’t think the CGI was too hokey. It had an old school war movie vibe that I liked.