Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE] Midway

Pearl harbor 2? Wait for it, there is some love triangle in the film, even if it's between a zero, a Wildcat and a Devastator.

Knowing who it is, I was half-waiting for giant aliens to appear....

Its funny that you guys mentioned romance in "war movies". My wife loved the movie Pearl Harbor. It is loaded with a sappy love story. Its the only "war" movie she likes and understandably so. She can't understand why I didn't like it.

Just watched this a 2nd time. I liked it.
Not ashamed a bit to say I liked it quite a lot actually. It really looked darned good don't you think?
Even learned something if the story about the IJN war gaming their plan, in which they refused to include the possibility of the USN being located to the NE of Midway, was accurate.
And I learned that the USS Nautilus came soo close to hitting the Akagi's rudder with her tor... Well, ok. Hollywood director's prerogative there. However, he wasn't making a documentary so gotta give him a little leeway. Some other minor irritants, but not really anything for me to seriously b**** about.

Just watched this a 2nd time. I liked it.
Not ashamed a bit to say I liked it quite a lot actually. It really looked darned good don't you think?
Even learned something if the story about the IJN war gaming their plan, in which they refused to include the possibility of the USN being located to the NE of Midway, was accurate.
And I learned that the USS Nautilus came soo close to hitting the Akagi's rudder with her tor... Well, ok. Hollywood director's prerogative there. However, he wasn't making a documentary so gotta give him a little leeway. Some other minor irritants, but not really anything for me to seriously b**** about.

I was one of the ones who watched it in a theater (remember those?)...then I watched it again on my iPad. Still loved it, and I didn’t think the CGI was too hokey. It had an old school war movie vibe that I liked.

Back