Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Miss (Madeleine Elizabeth) Sloane

Just when I thought my man crush for Jessica Chastain had reached crush depth (see what I did there?), I watched this.
Her performance here was jarring, having just come up for air from watching "Molly's Game." She is just about as different from her lovable hero roll as she could possibly get.
Her character is amazingly strong in a terribly harsh environment (big time D.C. politics). So much so is that she never achieves likeable status. This, at first, put me off 'cause I
really wanna like Jessica. However, her performance is soo over the top that I found her likeable in an opposite 180 degree sort of way.
The ending has a wonderful, and totally predictable result. She tells you (in a narrative style) several times though out exactly what she is going to do. And I never saw it coming.
To be fair, I wasn't exactly trying to figure out what would happen, but even if I had it would have still been a complete fail.
Time to pour that adult beverage, prop your feet up and watch Miss Sloane go to work.
Very satisfying.
p.s. Don't let her political position put you off. It is completely irrelevant to enjoying her performance.
Oh, there are also some terrific supporting actors performances here as well. Check the trailer.
-----

Back