Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Stalingrad 2013 Russian film

julianj

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed - I'd give it 6/10. It's about a group of Russian soldiers who are defending a building in Stalingrad against the Germans and the woman who lives there and who becomes an icon for them. That said it has a few - to mestalingrad-movie-poster.jpg - ridiculous dealbreaking moments, particularly at the beginning - which annoyed me. Bit meh.

What a load of bull*hit this film was. Sequences of slow motion to make it a "krutoj" film but which only made one think "Oh, slow motion, but a bit too late and a too much of it". A typical Russian film about WW2, of which there seem to be at least 10 released each year, too boost the Russian self-esteem in harsh periods of Cold War with NATO.

I wish that the Russians could make at least one good film about WW2.

I haven't seen several last russian films about WW2 - just because I've seen "Stalingrad" and similar. IMO only "Brest fortress" and "28 панфиловцев" (I don't know how it was translated to english) aren't disgusting among the films of the last 20 years.
90% of russian modern WW2 cinema is yellow. Old soviet movies like "They fought for the Motherland", "A la guerre comme a la guerre" and "Hot snow" still are unsurpassed.

Back