Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Multiplayer Idea (one battle with several players)

Sorry Guys, I only have CMFB :( . Shit, this 3v3 battle looks so great
Sir, if I and all other participants would have CMFB, I would happily suggest to switch to CMFB, but unfortunately it is not the case.
But I can imagine that there will be a second and later third 3vs3 battle to come, which will maybe using CMFB.

Sir, if I and all other participants would have CMFB, I would happily suggest to switch to CMFB, but unfortunately it is not the case.
But I can imagine that there will be a second and later third 3vs3 battle to come, which will maybe using CMFB.
No worries Kraut, I completely understand, thank you very much. I will more than happy to play in the future in case you do something for CMFB or CMBN (wich I am thinking about to purchasing it)

The 3vs3 battle is going to start soon. We are just talking about the last details in our internally message group.
The main goals for this 3vs3 play test in my opinion are:

- gain general experience with all aspects of multiplayer battle 3vs3 and the concept and practical implementation of OC's

- get familiar with the technical aspects in exchanging turns in a 3vs3 battle and also the communication between OC's and FC's.

- to gain especially practical experience regarding the OC player and to find out, if this could be an promising path to follow further on.

- to see in action one (or two different) theoretical approaches about the role (rules, limitations, tasks) the OC could operate.

- also on the individual level each player can experience, if he likes this kind of game setting and which improvements/chances he would like to implement in the next multiplayer battle (3vs3), or maybe that he prefers after this experience to play as before 1vs1 battles, which is also a fair and reasonable result.

-last but not least to have fun

If there are more fellow members who would like to test and play 3vs3 battle, you could use also this tread to find together and communicate.
Maybe a CMFB 3vs3 battle with @Rik_atc? If more 3vs3 battles are started and tested we will get all together sooner experience and concept ideas tested and improved.

This looks super cool!
I would be interested in joining in if another is played. I currently only have CMFI.

This looks super cool!
I would be interested in joining in if another is played. I currently only have CMFI.
Am I am allowed to write you in as Reserve player for this game until the next 3vs3 battle starts?

Am I am allowed to write you in as Reserve player for this game until the next 3vs3 battle starts?
Yes for sure! I have 3 smaller games going on right now but should be able to manage 1 more.

@Buckykatt @fivefivesix URGENT URGENT

Break open the box labelled "Top Secret" that I issued to you at our briefing!

It contains supplies of pumpernickel bread: lay a trail at your current locations, and try to decoy in a few more of those Luftwaffe message-carrying pigeons.

After the success of the information revealed by the last capture, who knows what more will be revealed !

And ... you can then cook the pigeons!

Hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am as Allied OC ....

A "light touch" CM experience for me, as I don't see the battlefield itself, but rely on (excellent: thanks guys!) reports from @Buckykatt and @fivefivesix

I do wonder, though, if my two excellent FCs have set up a secure comms link between themselves, which they use to bitch about their out of touch, staff college, OC, sitting back in HQ enjoying bourbon and cigars whilst they endure the mud and bullets at the sharp end ... :shootero:

A "light touch" CM experience for me, as I don't see the battlefield itself, but rely on (excellent: thanks guys!) reports

Ah, so you went with my idea about the "radio commander" after all. How is it working out?

Ah, so you went with my idea about the "radio commander" after all. How is it working out?

Working well, from my perspective ... but we are only a few minutes in and so the mechanism has not been put under much stress yet!

But proves it can be done.

Ask me again with five minutes to go ... :cool:

Interesting initiative!
What happens if the Company HQ's are out of C2 with higher ups? ;-)
A cooperative H2H game in CM could really add to the immersion imo, also liking the OC/FC concept. One thing which could be nice to try out too, is how to coordinate combined arms with different commanders. For example FC1 has a company of infantry, while FC2 has 2 platoons of tanks. Nice task for the OC to coordinate those :)

@Kraut , as you asked in our PBEM chat I would be interested for a reserve position.

Interesting initiative!
What happens if the Company HQ's are out of C2 with higher ups? ;-)
A cooperative H2H game in CM could really add to the immersion imo, also liking the OC/FC concept. One thing which could be nice to try out too, is how to coordinate combined arms with different commanders. For example FC1 has a company of infantry, while FC2 has 2 platoons of tanks. Nice task for the OC to coordinate those :)

@Kraut , as you asked in our PBEM chat I would be interested for a reserve position.
Some very interesting points.

(I have added you onto the list)

It’s been an interesting experience as FC, different than a normal PBEM. My turns go much faster, I only review and check over ‘my’ side of the map, I don’t worry what my other FC’s men are up to (although I’m hoping they’re doing well as their progress makes my progress easier!). I’m also carrying out orders from the CO, so the strategic oversight is already taken care of. I just have to accomplish the task using small unit tactics and the support that I have available, so it seems to go much quicker overall

Interesting, what is the level of detail for the OC / CO orders?. Objective X, fire mission there; or is he also involving whether maneuver should be hasty vs cautious, ROE and stuff? I was imagining the OC giving guidelines how to conduct the operation, without going into detailed orders. For example 'OC want maneuver to be quick vs stealthy'. Or 'Fire at will vs hold fire until Plt decides fire superiority is achieved', etc.
Obviously the exact orders will have to be decided by FC, but a general direction should come from OC?

PS what does these stand for anyway, I presumed Overall Commander and Force Commander? :D

Back