Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

My first Intro...Hello FGM Forumites

J

JoMc67

Hello FGM Forumites...I Think this is my first post here, thou, I might have Registered yrs ago. I'm also a member over at the Battlefront Forums since mid 2k time frame.

I want to thank, Dad, who had a Wargaming Hobby Shop, for getting me into this hobby first by using TRACTICS HO Miniature Rules, then to Micro-Armor back in the early 80's (I also got into 15mm ACW around the same time). During this time period we also went to Wargaming Conventions in the U.S. East coast (near Wash, DC) a couple times a year to Sell products from the shop, and to just have fun gaming. The Shop, which was called 'Wargamers Hobby Shop' and located in Sterling, Va, sold anything from Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Historical Board games & Miniatures. The Shop was finally sold in the early 90's, but will never forget the fun times had by all gamers.

My first computer experience was with Atari/Commodore back in the 70's, then added Computer Wargaming to my repertoire in the late 90's-early 2k time frame, first with Talonsoft's EastFront-Westfront series, Panzer General, etc. I then discovered CMx1 in early-mid 2k (played it for 10 yrs), and now CMx2 with all its WWII titles in past 5 yrs. I also play RO/DH from time to time.

I will also be posting over at the Opponent Finder section in hopes to get some permanent PBEM Opponents for Small QB Meetings using 'House Rules' to make CM a little more realistic.

Thanks, Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Here are some 'House Rules' that will make the Game a little more Realistic IMHO...Let me know what you think, and if you want to add anything else.

1* No Pre-Planned Arty (or Area-Fire from Ground Units) on Turn 1 of a Meeting Engagement, or from Defender. Player will need to Call-In Arty normally. Attacker in Attack/Defense Games are exempt and can use Pre-Planned Arty.

2* Players will let the Computer AI choose what Targets to shoot at (player can't choose Targets)...However, you can still use Small Arms/HE/Smoke Area-Fire at any Action-Spot on map at anytime (just don't directly Target Enemy Unit).

3* If you check LOS at any given Waypoint, (including the one you are currently at), then you have to keep that Waypoint until next turn (can't alter or delete until next turn).

4* Vehicle Smoke Dischargers (not Smoke Shells) is controlled by the Computer AI, and not by the Player.

5* Turn Off Armor Detail Hits,

6* No clicking on enemy Units

7* Misc Mods (which can be found over at Battlefront.com), which includes 'Invisible Icons', 'No Tracer', 'Eliminate Red-Cross', RH's enhanced Animations (includes Buddy-Aid and Cower Animations, etc).

I m also working on some basic Tactical Orders House Rules for HQ's and their perspective Platoons...ex; separate orders for Attack, Defend, and Reserve.

Hello Bootie (and others)...I'm half Scots-Irish & half Italian, and so I tend to argue with myself a lot, lol.

Ok, Here are some 'House Rules' for CMx2 that will make the Game a little more Realistic (FOW effect)...Let me know what you think, and if you want to add anything else. These Rules will also work for CMx1, but will need to delete any 'House Rules that don't apply.

1* No Pre-Planned Arty (or Area-Fire from Ground Units) on Turn 1 of a Meeting Engagement, or from Defender. Player will need to Call-In Arty normally. Attacker in Attack/Defense Games are exempt and can use Pre-Planned Arty.

2* Players will let the Computer AI choose what Targets to shoot at (player can't choose Targets)...However, you can still use Small Arms/HE/Smoke Area-Fire at any Action-Spot on map at anytime (just don't directly Target Enemy Unit).

3* If you check LOS at any given Waypoint, (including the one you are currently at), then you have to keep that Waypoint until next turn (can't alter or delete until next turn).

4* Vehicle Smoke Dischargers (not Smoke Shells) is controlled by the Computer AI, and not by the Player.

5* Turn Off Armor Detail Hits.

6* use 'Rockin Harry Mods' (can be found over at Battlefront Forums)...They include altered Inf stances, No Enemy Icons, No Tracers, etc.

I m also working on some basic Tactical Orders House Rules for HQ's and their perspective Platoons...ex; separate orders for Attack, Defend, and Reserve.

These look interesting — I guess it’s always a balancing act between “realism” and playability.

Big welcome to the Club @JoMc67 The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Ok, Here are some 'House Rules' for CMx2 that will make the Game a little more Realistic (FOW effect)...Let me know what you think, and if you want to add anything else. These Rules will also work for CMx1, but will need to delete any 'House Rules that don't apply.

5* Turn Off Armor Detail Hits.

6* use 'Rockin Harry Mods' (can be found over at Battlefront Forums)...They include altered Inf stances, No Enemy Icons, No Tracers, etc.

Surely making it to automatic takes away the pleasure of playing the game, yes I know it would for me, No1 as been the golden rule already in the FGM

Actually, those 'Hard Cat' rules are based off my 'House Rules' that I've had in place for several yrs...There are still some things that I will add in the future, including a C&C system, etc (and just might use part of 'Hard Cat rules for this).

Back