Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ADDED TO LADDER New Ladder Report Submitted

Nemesis

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Winner Nemesis

Loser Rik_atc

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMFB

Comments An infantry only battle with me attacking Rik on the forested Ferme Diedenhove map on a rainy day.

I brought lots of crack German infantry to deal with Rik's Americans. From a previous battle with Rik, I knew that he favored regular troops. Regular troops struggle against crack troops in forests.

The infantry vs infantry fights went well for me. Rik used his mortars to good effect. Rifle fire from a church steeple inflicted heavy losses on me. What was shocking was the damage that 2 57mm ATGs guns caused. They inflicted 49 casualties on me before I knocked them out. Oddly, their AP rounds were far more dangerous than their HE rounds. This is a bug that I have noticed with some AP rounds. These 57mm AP rounds hit with the effects of 105mm rounds, bowling men over 50 meters from their impact points. I halted one spearhead's attack until some men infiltrated behind the 57mm ATGs and knocked them out.

My infantry cleared out most of the map, taking heavy losses in the process. Rik put down a perfect off map 81mm mortar barrage that destroyed one of my rifle platoons. My men did, however, inflict more damage of Rik than Rik did on them.

The battle seemed like it was from the year 1300. Ferme Diedenhove and the T-Junction Church were like castles with large stone structures surrounded by tall walls. My tactics were from the year 1300 as well. I completely surrounded the castles and then tried to storm them. However, since this was an infantry only game, I lacked heavy weapons to breach walls or drive men out of stone structures. I also foolishly neglected to bring pioneers, artillery or heavy weapons to create breach points in the walls.

I was lucky that my assaulters secured a breach point in Ferme Diedenhove. CMFB bugs helped me as my men entered gaps in the walls and came face to face with Americans. Our troops mostly just stared at each other and then my men ran into the safety of buildings. Bugs both help and hurt you. Once inside buildings, my crack troops had little difficulty driving Rik out of Ferme Diedenhove.

I completely surrounded the T-junction church with 65 assaulters stacked on the walls surrounding the church. The walls made it so that there was only one way in to the church and no cover around the fatal funnel I would have to enter. Rik had 22 riflemen inside a stone church pointing their guns at the entry point. Because of the tall walls, I had no way to even provide suppressive fire on the defenders. I would have to try to suppress Rik's defenders while laying in open fields or on roads.

This was going to be a blood bath. I decided to ask Rik for his surrender. To my great relief, he did surrender.

22 of Rik's Americans survived the battle. In gratitude, I released them minus their watches and other souveniers. 233 of Rik's defenders were KIA, 123 were WIA, and 16 were MIA.

185 Nemesis Germans survived the battle and fell to their knees in the T-junction church with gratitude that they did not have to storm the church. 116 Nemesis attackers were killed. Another 120 were wounded.

In all, a blood bath! Good game, Rik! I appreciate the fast file return especially!

Last edited:

Drifter Man

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
I confirmed the 57mm AP issue in a test... reported on the Battlefront forum. Hopefully someone picks that up. Their effect against infantry is completely out of proportion.

Nemesis

FGM MEMBER
Yes! I was stunned. I literally had to stop my advance because I was getting decimated. The AP rounds are far worse than the HE. Hopefully BF corrects that.

Nemesis

FGM MEMBER
Thank you for reporting that @Drifter Man

I have reported a few things over the years and never got a response from BFC or any evidence that they even worked on those things. Like you, I remember lots of misguided people challenging me in the forums.

holoween

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
I have reported a few things over the years and never got a response from BFC or any evidence that they even worked on those things. Like you, I remember lots of misguided people challenging me in the forums.

TBH it seems most of their effort is on their military contracts some on expansions and almost nothing on fixing issues. They fixed units retreating from buildings by simply disabling the retreat command while in buildings so now you cant even manually run away but hey the issue is fixed.

Drifter Man

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Yeah anyway - thanks @Nemesis for bringing it up in your AAR - even if not patched, it's good to know what to expect from the AP's. You may have just saved me a shock in some future battle.