Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ADDED TO LADDER New Ladder Report Submitted

Nemesis

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Winner Nemesis

Loser Stardekk

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMBN

Comments

Stardekk user profile: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/members/stardekk.3773/

Stardekk and I fought a huge battle with me probing as the Germans and him defending as the Canadians. The map was large and terrific with many, many options for both the attacker and the defender. Stardekk insisted on a huge-sized battle and this game took a long time to set up.

Correctly guessing that Stardekk would bring a lot of AT Guns (76mm Canadian tanks have a lot of rarity expense), I punched through Stardekk's lines with a fast moving attack all in one sector. This forced Stardekk to reposition many of his ATGs that were not in the threatened sector.

Other than a solid, 100 shell 25 pounder barrage (causing 40 casualties to my men) and a very tough Achilles TD (that KO'd 2 of my tanks), Stardekk put up little effective resistance. My massive army just rolled forward destroying isolated and unsupported Canadian infantry half teams. A solid main line of resistance was never encountered. Penny packets of defense were dealt with while my men were on the march and my army barely slowed down. The most difficult challenge that my army faced was changing direction to move around an area that clearly had TRPs in it.

46 minutes into a 2 hour game, I was within 150 meters of the map's single Victory Location (a huge village). At this point, Stardekk surrendered. I was disappointed since Stardekk still had 393 men would could fight (most of them were scattered through the huge village) as well as a variety of AT assets and mortars. Stardekk claimed that he was surrendering since he "did not like the map." :rolleyes:

393 of Stardekk's Canadians were roughly thrown into digital prison cells. 143 were KIA. 83 were WIA. 13 were MIA. 3 tanks, 7 light armored vehicles, and 4 anti-tank guns were lost.

450 Nemesis Germans survived the battle. 68 were KIA. 54 were WIA. 4 tanks were lost.

I would posit that people who demand huge-sized battles ought to not give up so easily as huge battles involve multiple battalions and take forever to set up. Also, the time to object to a map is at the start of the game, not 46 minutes into it. :confused:

Last edited:

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Know the feeling....recently had two huge battles go awol when things started to turn my way. Starts of nice and fast and as soon as opponent is under pressure and things dont go thier way turns start slowing down and then Zippo they dissapear or suddenly something in RL happens. Seems to be a pattern, like you i invest so much time in two huge mirrors for them to fall over after 25% into the game. Its always dissapointing. But thanks.....I will note the the name here

Nemesis

FGM MEMBER
The slow down is certainly something that I have seen a lot of.

2 files a day becomes 2 files a week. Then 2 files a month, lol.

To the credit of the FGM membership, very few people just abandon games. I have only seen this once or twice I think.

And to be fair....this opponent did sent files quickly.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Out of interest, what was the map name?

I've played Stardekk a number of times, I can confirm his turn rate is excellent and he's never abandoned a game against me.

Drifter Man

FGM MEMBER
Those 40 casualties from a single troop of 25 pounders surprised me. I haven't thought these guns could be this effective.

Nemesis

FGM MEMBER
Those 40 casualties from a single troop of 25 pounders surprised me. I haven't thought these guns could be this effective.
It was a 100 shell barrage. I know because I count. :) There was an infantry platoon inside the area being hit that was basically destroyed. Lots of tree bursts. I was in an orchard, so in a way it is the worst of both worlds. The trees detonate the shells in the air, but the orchard itself does not offer that much "cover." The shells picked off some guys in other platoons as well. Perfectly aimed/timed and it caught my guys while marching.

Titan

FGM MEMBER
It was a 100 shell barrage. I know because I count. :) There was an infantry platoon inside the area being hit that was basically destroyed. Lots of tree bursts. I was in an orchard, so in a way it is the worst of both worlds. The trees detonate the shells in the air, but the orchard itself does not offer that much "cover." The shells picked off some guys in other platoons as well. Perfectly aimed/timed and it caught my guys while marching.

Ochh, that would hurt...not nice seeing an entire platoon get whacked like that...Bet that left a hole

Nemesis

FGM MEMBER
I had almost 5 companies of infantry or about 15 infantry platoons. Huge battle.

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
I would posit that people who demand huge-sized battles ought to not give up so easily as huge battles involve multiple battalions and take forever to set up.

This is also one of the big reasons why I very rarely play huge sized battles. If I do, it's against people I feel I more or less know and can depend on to go through with it. For new opponents I usually start out with something small and manageable.