Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Ladder Report Submitted

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Winner Titan

Loser bill

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMRT

Comments A huge soviet attack, this is part one of a Mirror. I was attacking as Soviet. Both objects where in rear one consisting of a town the other a ridge line, Ridge line was on my left flank. I bought a reinforce inf battlion and a SMG company. x2 JS2 , x2 ISU152, and two platoons of T3485 and i split the force pretty much in two other putting JS2 and SU152 on my right. On my left edge there was a horseshoe shaped ridge about a 1km in front of my left flank objective, i decided to scout that are before moving, meanwhile scouts on my right flank reported several nashorns plus some other uncomfirmed reports of others, i assumed the german has a platoon of them, considering the large open spaces there i decided to focus on my left..as my scouts got to the ridge the horseshoe shaped they came under fire and to my horror i saw a sea of panther tanks, best part of a two platoons (11 in fact) So as a attacker im outnumbered in not only quality and the german had a more numbers. There was no way i could take him head on, I quickly sent 2 T34s and a SU152 and JS2 on my right to the left of a hill on my right flank that could cover the horseshoe shaped ridge that was sheltering the German panther force, i decided best avoid it and bypass it but also cut off the rear exit if he wanted to pull out of there and redeploy, my T34s on my left basically drove to bottom of ridge line on oposite side of panthers, so if the panthers tried to get on ridge they would have to engage my T34s at point blank which would negate there superiorty. I started to plobe up the centre down a gulley with a Inf coy and a T34 with the Idea of getting to the enemies rear. On my right i got a lucky brake with a t34 firing at a Nashorn and scoring a direct hit with the added bonus of that round going right through its front shield and taking out another Nashorn Directly behind. I then launch a full scale infantry attack on my right with the Aim of clearning out an emey occupied wood and any more nashorns in the wood, I knew with that much German armour there would not be to many German infantry about, i encountered some small groups and with a brief firefight over ran them, i started to make a break through on my right. The first signs that the Germans where begining to feel the pressure elsewhere was two panthers started to try and pull out of the Horseshoe by reversing backwards towards his rear, my armour on the right hill did there job and dispatched them both. I was making gains everywhere else and was waiting to see what his next move would be with his force of panthers. I didnt have to wait long Bill struck with a full on in an attempt to gain control of the horseshoes ridge, from there he could have a field of fire over good part of the map. It turned into a melee with lots of dust and smoke and fire, by the end his surviving panthers withdrew back into the shelter of the Horseshoe, leaving an imbolised panther wrecking havoc on my exposed infantry, my Inf stormed it and finished it off with Grenades. It was a hell of a fight but i managed to hold on thanks to my Armour firing from Hill on my right. By now his remaining Armour was well and truly trapped. Again he tried to pull out of the horseshoe with 2 attempts with his last 5 panthers, they never made it. Soviet troops stormed into the horseshoe and my centre porbing force secured objective in the rear, on my right i unleashed a full scale infantry attack with armour comming from the rear, soviet forces entered the objective on my right, meanwhile he had two remaining nashorns opened up on my attack, but as in Infantry started to close in Bill Realised the game was up and surrendered

Pic Below is the scene behind horseshoe ridge, some of the panthers that tried to make a Break..most got knocked by a T34 guarding the edge of Horseshoe(If you look at last tree on the right you can make out my T34) or by long range fire all the way from my right flank, When a ISU152 AP round hits..dont matter what it is its dead, My ISU152 claimed two kills
Screenshot 2021-04-03 15.47.54.pngScreenshot 2021-04-03 08.53.30.png

Last edited:

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Soviet troops on Horseshoe ridge waiting to move in and mop up, Note the smoking ruins of German armour as evidence of soviet victoryScreenshot 2021-04-03 15.52.38.png

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Wow, if ever there was a testament to prove the power of combined arms its these two battles @Titan!

Not having to face any infantry or some Hidden AT guns really helped my cause in this case, you cant under estimate well placed AT guns as the other mirror we had one of my 75mm Paks took out 8 T34s