Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Ladder Report Submitted

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Winner Titan

Loser bill

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMRT

Comments Second part of the mirror, my opponent bought around 45 plus T34s. i had 2 panthers x3 75mm AT guns and a Battalion of inf. I was a bit taken back at first when i saw these to massive globs of Armor, Bill had gone for a 100% Armor force which he split in two, one on left flank and one on right, Both globs reminded me of something you would normally see in a command and conquer game. As they start to move forward i had to figure out how to deal with these moving firestorms. I decided to open up with my 3 75mm AT guns at long range, they stated picking a few off here and there, however each kill felt like whats one dead rat to the pack. Not killing enough, considering each gun had 23 AP rounds and after 3 turns half there ammo was gone for about 5-6Kills, I seems i was wasting precious ammo firing at long range on either missing or some tanks just needed several rounds to kill, or just hitting them with crew abandoning them and will surley return. i then bought up a panther to engage with 40 rounds hoping with its slightler better gun it would have an impact on t34 numbers...Same thing half Ammo gone for about 4 kills. Just to many T34s. I decided to sit tight and let the T34s get closer so my rounds would get more one shot kills and better chance of hitting. Also it became obvious i was going to have to rely a lot on my Infantry to take a few out. As time went on my Infantry managed to take out lot of T34s of panzer fausts and Shrecks as unsupported t34s drove into some confined spaces.
I awarded the Iron cross to my top 75mm AT crew who took out 8 T34's and a panther 9 T34sScreenshot 2021-04-07 07.58.28.png

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Top image is the kills from a 75mm AT gun and a panther that waited for these to get clost over the brow of a hill.

Bottom Image, they remains of Soviet armor and crew after running into German inf armed with Pausts and Shrecks
Screenshot 2021-04-07 08.00.18.pngScreenshot 2021-04-07 08.02.05.png

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Top image is T34s that got knocked out by long range fire from a panther....the smoke from more burning T34 hulks can be seen in background

Bottom image is one of about 6 Soviet T34s that tried to go through a gully up center of map, i had a platoon of Inf responsible for that sector that decended into the Gully and despatch all soviet tanks at close quarters with either Grenades or panzerpausts
Screenshot 2021-04-07 08.03.05.pngScreenshot 2021-04-07 08.04.03.png

Lethaface

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Another thrashing. shoulda, woulda, coulda, just don't win battles.

At least it provides nice screenshots :)
To be fair I think the force selection didn't favor your chances. While ~50 T-34 might seem like a very potent force and could potentially steamroll more balanced forces in open terrain, the map seems to have enough 'complex terrain' in which infantry can lay ambushes, sneaky AT guns can fire freely without fearing mortars, etc.
Anyway, no guts no glory! :)