Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

O

Ossyorion

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and to combat mission, I recently found the game after stumbling across some AAR'S on youtube

I downloaded a CM demo to give it a go.. Bloody hell it's a steep learning curve!!

I now have purchased CMFI and have been playing meeting engagements against the AI, once I get my head around the game a bit more I look forward to playing against a human opponent

Cheers ossy

Welcome aboard!

One of the things I enjoy to do is when someone new joins I like to learn something about their location (If they include one).
Kind of like traveling the world while sitting in front of my computer. ;)

Checking Dartford I see it's close to London and that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were born there. Nice. :cool:

Big welcome to the Club @Ossyorion The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome. There are some interesting game-mechanics videos on Youtube (eg. by Usually Hapless) and I recommend anything by Josey Wales for good narratives on battlefield analysis and setup. As soon as you've had a bit of training, get into some PBEMs. You really appreciate the challenge and beauty of the game when you're playing against someone else. Hit me up for a CMFI in a few weeks if you like. Enjoy!

Welcome. There are some interesting game-mechanics videos on Youtube (eg. by Usually Hapless) and I recommend anything by Josey Wales for good narratives on battlefield analysis and setup. As soon as you've had a bit of training, get into some PBEMs. You really appreciate the challenge and beauty of the game when you're playing against someone else. Hit me up for a CMFI in a few weeks if you like. Enjoy!
Cheers, will defiantly be interested in a battle at some point, at the moment I'm still on the steep learning curve.

It was the videos by josey Wales, hapless and double vision that got me interested in the game.

Question: what is PBEM?

Welcome, cmfi ia a good choice especially when you get the module's. Pbem is the shorthand for play by email which is the most popular way to play against others. Also if you ever want to play a game just send me a message, I am fairly new to the italian front and I play weaker nations on top of that.

Welcome, cmfi ia a good choice especially when you get the module's. Pbem is the shorthand for play by email which is the most popular way to play against others. Also if you ever want to play a game just send me a message, I am fairly new to the italian front and I play weaker nations on top of that.
Hi Joe, thanks for the PBEM reply.

Will definitely be interested in a game at some point. At the moment I fear I won't be to much of a challenge, there is so much to learn

Indeed, play some scenarios and don't get discourages you will lose a lot, familiarize yourself with command structure(ctrl+z) visually and if you are organizing larger forces it is helpful to see where they are in the c2 structure and you can use ctrl+p to see every units movement path to better organize movements. Good luck in learning and if you have questions, anyone here would be happy to answer it for you.

Cheers, will defiantly be interested in a battle at some point, at the moment I'm still on the steep learning curve.

It was the videos by josey Wales, hapless and double vision that got me interested in the game.

Question: what is PBEM?
It's Play By EMail, how you do the person to person games in CM. Take a look at the manual, there's a section near the end there which explains it. Really simple.

Back