Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New to PBEM and looking for a game

D

drewshotsfan

Hi Everyone

I joined your merry band last night, and would like to say thanks to Hedgehog for the welcome

Now, down to work! I have played CM for quite a few years now, but only ever solo. I thought it was about time I took the plunge and tested my skills against a human being as well

However, as I have not even clicked on the "PBEM" button on CM, I'm afraid I am completely in the dark as to how to set up a game

I would love to play against someone, if they are prepared to guide me through the "set up" process

I have all WW2 theatres and they are all up to date with the latest version and engine, so I'm happy to have a go at any scenario. Open to suggestions (and guidance)

Thanks, in advance, to the brave soul who is prepared to get involved!

Drew

I be happy to give you a game...
for easy of play, do you have a dropbox account?
(If not, drop me your e-mail address, and I send you info to open an account. (I may get some bonus points for that on dropbox.)
You will find life easy against opponents if you download CM helper, here is a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvh9sx2zla2k0eq/S6LZaVAw_7
Hi Nelson1812

Thanks for the reply and link. I'll sort that when I get home tonight

I have Dropbox. I'll let you know on here once I'm sorted

Thanks

Drew

I be happy to give you a game...
for easy of play, do you have a dropbox account?
(If not, drop me your e-mail address, and I send you info to open an account. (I may get some bonus points for that on dropbox.)
You will find life easy against opponents if you download CM helper, here is a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvh9sx2zla2k0eq/S6LZaVAw_7
Hi Nelson1812

I've downloaded two zip files from the link you sent. Now what? Sorry, but I couldn't see any instruction files in their content. I'm reluctant to drop them into my CM files in case that's wrong and it screws things up

Cheers

Drew

CM helper just moves files to and from dropbox... (Its very good though!).
You can open the file on desktop, and then just open with application. (From memory.)
We can start a game, I prefer CM:BN and being allies. You can select, or let me know what you prefer.

You can open the file on desktop, and then just open with application. (From memory.)
We can start a game, I prefer CM:BN and being allies. You can select, or let me know what you prefer.
Thanks Nelson1812

I'll have a look this evening and let you know, so you can vet it before we start

Cheers

Drew

Hi Nelson1812

How about "Huzzar"?

Cheers

Drew

I have played it before, a few years back... but happy to play it again.
How did you get on with CM helper?

I've not downloaded it yet. I've just started a game with Wilko and we are just swapping files through Dropbox. Very early days (deployment stage), but it seems to be behaving so far

I'm more than happy for you to choose a game, Nelson1812, if you would prefer to play one that you haven't done yet. Could we make it fairly small to start with? Is that ok?

Cheers

Drew

Back