Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Newbie looking for a match

alright best of luck to you!

nice opening arty. nailed 3 of my guys including a platoon commander

Last edited:
I read or heard in a documentary once the Allies blew up almost every church steeple in Europe.
Or maybe it was only the Cotentin.
Whatever, I know nobody liked being watch over by those steeples. And every town had one.

Something I found in this game. Steeple are great lookout towers but are dangerous to be in.

And congratulations on your promotion from New Member to FGM Private. ;)

Next stop Prime Minister!

I can't believe I lost a guy from a shot, as we would say in baseball, straight out of left field.
And it's never the guy with with the rifle but the one with the assault rifle.

Hey gunner sorry for not replying earlier, i have exams this week and i am a little bit more bussy then usual

from Thursday on i will be able to send my turns at a normal rate again

It's at the bottom below my Gunner name: tramos1@optonline.net
(My real name is Ted)

There are some standard ground rules for games here.
I believe the only one for an all infantry battle is "No defensive, or pre-plotted artillery on the first turn."
Are you OK with that?
Ted.... I never knew that was your name...... Hello Ted

Ted.... I never knew that was your name...... Hello Ted

Ha! Hello Ted :)
I do believe we spoke about this. I only remember because both our names are really Edward, no?
I can count on one hand, or maybe just a couple of fingers, how many Ted's I've met that were Edward and not Theodore.
And one is my nephew named after me! :D

Done with me next turn gunner, sorry that it took a while. I have to many PBEM Games going on at the moment

It's no problem.
I have quite a bit on my plate also.
Actually, I hadn't expected a 90 minute scenario on such a large map.
I thought we were going to do something quick and small.
We'll be playing this one for months.

it is (compared to some of the others) Pretty small.
I had to really split up my forces to try and cover most parts
i chose for a 1 hour and 15 min time limit because i did not want to you too fell rushed
But yeah, maybe its a bit to long and to big

Time is not a problem for me really.
What with CoVid and being a retired old coot I have plenty of time during the week to get turns done. ;)
For me it's an interesting exercise in an infantry assault. I sure could use a Stug or a Sd.Kfz 251 with a 75mm cannon though if I'm to get across that bloody bridge. Ha!
Vehicles wouldn't be able to get across the open terrain here because of all the undulations and soft ground so infantry is kind of bonus.
The key with vehicles you would need take the bridge.

Do you live in the Eindhoven/Son area?

nah i dont, i live in the province of Zeeland (its near the coast)
I have been in Arnhem once when i visited the Airborne museum there and thats it
but i can tell you, the dutch country side is pretty soft (especially when it rains, it gets very muddy) and its everywhere the same
Time is not a problem for me either. I am home all day because i have online classes, and i am done pretty early.
this is my first ever infantry only battle and the 2nd PBEM match i have ever played, so i think you will get across pretty easily. + you have those infantry guns to hep you out.

Last edited:
Zeeland? Must be some good sailing around there.

It was just the anniversary here of the founding of New Amsterdam by the Dutch east India company. (It was later to become New York. )
I grew up out on Long Island which in the colonial days the western half was Dutch and the east English.
The county I lived in was Nassau county named after the House of Orange-Nassau.
There's a lot of orange in colors of the county government, police etc....
Who knows maybe we're related. Ha!

RXy6mXb.jpg

Zeeland is pretty good for water activities and every year a lot of tourists (especially Germans) come to our beaches during the summer break
Yeah who knows? Maybe you are some sort of distance relative!
Didn't expect those orange colors to be repesented in a US county haha, but it is pretty neat

Last edited:
You are already crossing the bridge, that was pretty fast not gonna lie.
I found that the british Airbornes are more geared to CQB, since almost all of them carry the sten
But those MG42's and MG34's of yours? oof, that's some real firepower right there

Last edited:
And now comes in your heavy mortars. Yikes!
The only silver lining to that is you had to spend some points for that.
Hopefully that'll thin out the infantry enough I can get my guys forward.

It's Superbowl weekend here (American football championship game).
My brother is coming down from Rhode Island and we're going to get together with my sister who lives nearby.
So probably won't get to a turn until next Tuesday.

i have spent like 300 points on those mortars, so thats less infantry and support weapons
+ you get twice the points of me and youre troops arevoveral better quality
Have a fun weekend with youre brother and sister!

Back