Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Odd Bug running Vin's Animated Text Mod CMBS 2.11

M

Metaxis26

So, I added a buncha mods to my CMBS, CMCW, and CMSF2 games to spice them up. To my surprise, all of them worked without any hitch on the first try except the animated text mod V2.11 from VIN for CMBS. With it installed it changed all the vehicle names and ammo types to random stuff. Like my T-84 oplots are labeled as AA units or transports, BTR4Es are labeled as ATGM vehicles instead of infantry transports, and the tank cannon ammo listing shows it as 125mm Kiowa warrior, lol. I removed the folder titled "Vin’s animated text mod for CMBS v2.11" from my Z folder and everything went back to normal. Is there a newer version of this mod? Has anyone else experienced this? Attached are all the other mods I ran at the same time. They seem to function without issue once I excluded the text mod. His text mods seem to work without issue on CMCW and CMSF2.
1643060128046.png

The only time this has happened to me was user error. I made a mistake and extracted a mod incorrectly and it screwed up text like in your example.
I would try extracting the mod again to a clean location before installing it in your mod folder

@A Canadian Cat Ahh ok, thanks for the PM with the link. I dropped it in real quick and loaded a save and everything looked absolutely perfect. I greatly appreciate it, was hoping to make some content eventually and wanted it all nice and spruced up. Just gotta get back into teaching myself video editing.

Back