Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Official sign ups

Meat Grinder

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
so this is kind of my first rodeo. what happens now?

@Wellsonian releases the maps & parameters. Your team Captain (@Stafford , in your case) assigns your two battles (with or without your input, depending on how he feels). You contact your opponent, or he contacts you (depending on the tourney rules), and you start fighting. You win, or you lose. Then you bask in the adoration, or suffer the condemnation of your teammates. Two teams enter, one team leaves, as it should be. :)

Technically, it is Panzer Leader.

SBaxe24.jpg

PanzerBlitz looked like this ...

hNtzUjg.png
Ahhh... the classics.

Meat Grinder

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
I had and played the heck out of the original Squad Leader. For some reason, SL never replaced PL and PB as my favorites.

Dredging through my dim memories (and while we wait on @Wellsonian), I remember playing Panzer Leader, PanzerBlitz, Tobruk, Wooden Ships & Iron Men, the original Squad Leader (and Cross of Iron.....Crescendo of Doom was finally too much for me to deal with), as well as a host of other, lesser known board games such as Dark Nebula, Revolt on Antares, etc. One of my friends bought Third Reich, but none of us could be bothered to actually learn the rules. I do remember playing The Longest Day, or at least one small scenario from it, with a friend. It literally took all day to play, and finally came down to one die roll. Oddly enough, I never really got into Advanced Squad Leader. By the time it was released, I had a Commodore 64, and boardgames were becoming passé for me.

Meat Grinder

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
I still have an attic full of them.
The Longest Day? wasn't that map like 6 feet square? It was huge.
It's up in the attic too.

Oh yes. It was Yuge. Took up an entire folding banquet table, IIRC. It had rail guns, lol. Like I said, took an entire day to play a scenario, morning to evening. Came down to one die roll. I don't even remember who won......