Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Official sign ups

Meat Grinder

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
Somewhere, in the deep recesses of my basement, I have many of my old cardboard wargames still stored away, along with an extensive collection of 1st and 2nd edition Dungeons & Dragons books and modules. Yes, I was one of "those".

Last edited:

jobu88

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
I had something like 50 assorted Avalon Hill and other games before I left for the Navy. Stalingrad, Fortress Europa, Starship Troopers, PanzerBlitz, Arab-Israeli Wars, I could go on and on. Still have my original 1976 version of the Russian Campaign, my original Victory in the Pacific, 1981 Battle of the Bulge, and the card game Up Front.
This game was the one that was too much for me, the strategic map was a normal 2.x 2.5 feet, but then where there was combat you jumped to the tactical map was like 8 feet x 6 feet. And the rules were redic, as the kids say.

gs.png

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
well, this sure does not look like a official sign up location, its been hijacked.
but put me in - if you can.

Oh, I sold all my ASL and squad leader stuff, its worth alot, or was when I sold mine anyway.
I would say you have enough to be in the thousands.

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
How did you sell the stuff? eBay?
Yes and no

I found what stuff was selling for on ebay.

Then I found a club of ASL players that was out there and I offered it there. Actually at a reduced price.

I wanted it to get into the hands of someone that would appreciate it and I wanted to get it done in only a few sells.

Even at that, I sold it for more than I ever had into it as to initial price.

I had everything that they had made up to the pacific modules. I dont recall what the last one was that I had.

Meat Grinder

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
well, this sure does not look like a official sign up location, its been hijacked.
but put me in - if you can.

Oh, I sold all my ASL and squad leader stuff, its worth alot, or was when I sold mine anyway.
I would say you have enough to be in the thousands.

Yea, I sold all mine also, a few years ago, on eBay. I had a bookshelf full, most of which I had never played, much of it still unpunched. I would have made a lot more piecing it out, but I sold it as one big bundle. Made a couple $thou, IIRC, which made it, at best, a break even transaction, though I probably lost money, TBH.

Welcome, once again, to Team USA.