Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

opponent wanted: CM:BS - tiny/small quickbattle on medium/large map

B

Butterblümchen

I'm searching an opponent for a quickbattle:
  • Forces should be either tiny or small
  • Map should be either small (for tiny forces) or at least medium (for small forces)
  • Any kind of engagement type will do (meeting, probe, attack, assault)
  • I'm willing to play as any force - I'd be interested to play the Ukrainians (Oleksandr's mods for some eye candy :) ), but any other will be fine as well.
  • We'd need to agree on a map and conditions before the game. Especially concerning daylight conditions and the time limit, which is often set too short for the attacker.
  • Force selection is totally free, unless you want to suggest some restrictions (I'm not experienced with the post-modern CM-titles yet so you probably know better. Maybe a limit for air assets?)
  • I'd be okay with electronic warfare. Does it subtract points from the force selection? If not, factions with lots of satellite coms (US) might be affected less than others...
  • The game will be presented as a video-AAR on youtube afterwards.
  • I'm in Europe and can play almost every evening.

Ha, great! :) Do you want to send a suggestion for map/conditions or shall I?
In any case I would need 1-2 evenings once the map is fixed for planning (especially if I'm to attack).

Update: electronic warfare strength is factored into the point budgets.

I leave it up to u. If you want to play Ukrainians I am more then happy to play mother Russia :).

I like small and tiny battles. I don't handle big maps very well :-(

So it's me (UKR) versus you (RUS) then! :)

I've scanned through some of the maps very briefly. I particularly liked:
  • Village Water (848x1264) 258 Attack (for small forces)
  • Town (1504x1200) 014a2 (for small forces)
  • Village Hills (912x512) 273 Attack (for small or tiny forces)
Do you like any of those? Don't be afraid to tell me if not, I haven't even looked through all of the maps, I can keep searching. :)

Everyone would be good for me. out of sportsmanship and fairness: I played on the "Village Hills (912x512) 273 Attack (for small or tiny forces)" map 4 or 5 times allready. I suggest you pick one of the other 2 maps.

Looking forward to play :)

Alright in that case I'd prefer Village Water (848x1264), battle size = small, battle type = attack. How much time shall we give the the attacker? 1h / 1h15 / 1h30?
Do you want to attack or defend? Do we need any force restrictions (it's my first multiplayer game in BlackSea, I don't know what the customs are).

I'd say 1h15min. I will restrict my pixeltruppen to only one Shilka (They tend to be used as anti infantry and that they do very well). Else use what ever you like. I would prefer to defend.

I try to play a mix of troops.

Okay! If you want me to stick to any rules please tell me. Like I've said - I'm new.
Do you want some Electronic Warfare Strength? I quickly checked the effect of electronic warfare on the point-budgets for a small/attack battle - see below.

ATTACKER
  • no electronic warfare - 6662 points
  • light - 6465 points
  • medium - 6268 points
  • strong - 6071 points

DEFENDER:
  • no electronic warfare - 4037
  • light - 3919
  • medium - 3801
  • strong - 3683

So the cost is ca. -3%/-6%/-9% of base points. It's a shame you can't select electronic warfare secretly. I don't know yet if I want some - I first need to check out the unit types.

Last question: As I am the attacker, may I decide the daylight conditions = time of attack? :) (weather would be "clear")

Hoi Butterblümchen.

As I said befor, I am happy with any selection. If you like to have some EW I go with it, no problem.

Sure, as your the attacker you very well choose when your pixeltruppen will try to pick a fight with the Russians :shootero:

I like fluff and realism :)

Great! I will go with medium electronic warfare strength! It seems to be a really good option, especially for the attacker!

I'm totally at a loss when it comes to determining the time of attack. I get it that almost all vehicles have infra red sight. For small arms, according to the manual, most infantry weapons "can be equipped with night vision sights". I don't understand if they're automatically equipped? Anyway, it's too complicated, I just go with daylight (in any case I think the Russians have better night sight tech...).

I've sent you a PM! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nathangun! I'm currently involved in two games, which is the maximum I can handle.
But one of them should be over relatively soon. If you don't have an opponent until then, I will message you. :)

Back