Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Overseas

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Currently in Gatwick Airport waiting for a flight to Faro in where I will be taking some well earned R n R for 10 days.
I will have no disorderly conduct in the barracks whilst I am away so behave yerselves!
Will be sending over some photos for you to scrutinise in due course.
Over and out

Steve

write to dispel the myth that the Secret Service pulled me over for a search at the airport….
Infact it was part of a covert operation and in the interests of national security I can’t disclose any information
Over and out

Landed on our feet here - originally booked a 3 star hotel but got upgraded to a 4 star plus hotel due to covid.
So posh here, there’s real fruit on the tables

Sit Rep…..
Having effectively camouflaged ourselves on a bus load of tourists we arrived at our designated rendezvous, cunningly disguised as Reception in a hotel.
Suitably blending in with the locals (suitcase, reservation, camouflage hat and copy of SAS Italian Job by Damien Lewis under my arm), we made our way to our room.
Having settled in, we headed for the beach so as not to arouse suspicion, and spent most of today keeping an eye out for any signs of the enemy, and as part of this I bravely entered the sea which was invigorating.
Keeping undercover ( a parasol and two sunbeds) we eventually stole away back to our base.
PS
We are staying at the Jupiter Hotel by Praia de Rocha but don’t tell anyone.

Sit Rep…..
Having effectively camouflaged ourselves on a bus load of tourists we arrived at our designated rendezvous, cunningly disguised as Reception in a hotel.
Suitably blending in with the locals (suitcase, reservation, camouflage hat and copy of SAS Italian Job by Damien Lewis under my arm), we made our way to our room.
Having settled in, we headed for the beach so as not to arouse suspicion, and spent most of today keeping an eye out for any signs of the enemy, and as part of this I bravely entered the sea which was invigorating.
Keeping undercover ( a parasol and two sunbeds) we eventually stole away back to our base.
PS
We are staying at the Jupiter Hotel by Praia de Rocha but don’t tell anyone.
Well don't forget to keep on eye on your 6 o'clock, there are reports of SMERSH agents in the area, and ODDJOB's brother PARTTIMEJOB has also been reported to be in the vicinity...;)

Cheers !

My name is Bond….. Basildon Bond….. I have letters after my name..

Update:
Having covertly watched the shipping lanes from our inconspicuous vantage point on the beach, I have made a decision to venture forth onto the ocean waves to take a closer look, and therefore have booked myself and Moneypenny on a morning outing on Wednesday amidst some unsuspecting tourists (the ruse being that we are going to look for dolphins and as such taking photos will not look out of place…)
In the meantime we are keeping a low profile and familiarising ourselves with the local hostelries to keep us on alert.
Don’t worry, if anyone tries to challenge us they will get short shrift as I have a black belt in Origami ( along with another in the wardrobe at home on my corduroy trousers).
Some additional photos have beet added to the dossier.

And so the assignment comes to an end early tomorrow when we fly home with the other mere mortals.
An additional observation is quite a confusing one actually….. young people here seem to be poverty stricken as they don’t clothe themselves properly - trousers torn etc, but somehow manage to procure the latest in communication devices.

All in all it’s been enjoyable and no doubt further assignments in the area will be procured in due course.

Signing off now.
007. Sunburned.

Back