Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

PANZER COMMAND OSTFRONT

PC-ostfrt.jpg

I think I'll ask Matrix for a review copy when its released in the 4th quarter 2010.
It's the third in the Panzer Command series with new tweaks and units etc, and I think it'll also contain the two earlier titles, namely PC:Winter Storm and PC:Kharkov, both already reviewed at FGM here-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?512-Panzer-Command-Winter-Storm
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?519-Matrix-Games-Panzer-Command-Kharkov

I was never able to like them because they needed too much micromanagement and fiddling, but what killed them stone dead for me was the fact that trees couldn't be fully toggled off, so I got fed up having to zoom and scroll around the tree-cluttered map to peek behind every treetrunk to see if anything was lurking there.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/708/Panzer.Command:.Ostfront.is.Announced!

I was never able to like them because they needed too much micromanagement and fiddling, but what killed them stone dead for me was the fact that trees couldn't be fully toggled off, so I got fed up having to zoom and scroll around the tree-cluttered map to peek behind every treetrunk to see if anything was lurking there.
I agree totally with the micromanagement thing. They way you issue orders is just downright frustrating. The good news is that in the next release PC4 you will have the option to issue orders like the original game or to issue orders like CM. Not 100% confirmed but I have been asking around over at Matrix about this.
The tree issue will be taken care of in the 'Ostfront' release. You will have three levels of displaying trees: none, some, full. Another plus is that new maps will feature destructable terrain where you can knock down trees and bushes.

Been about time they improved things... Still, I think I'll stay with CM. There simply is no other game that can beat the feel and immersion.

Been about time they improved things... Still, I think I'll stay with CM. There simply is no other game that can beat the feel and immersion.
How about CMN?Do u think that it will be worth purchasing?I still have high hopes for this one, even if it's getting postponed over and over again.

How about CMN?Do u think that it will be worth purchasing?I still have high hopes for this one, even if it's getting postponed over and over again.

I thought CM:N would be out by now?

Yeah, well... I'd rather not go off-topic in here. if you want to discuss the current state of CMN and what I may tell you, open up another thread and I'll be happy to tell you everything I can.

It seems that Pzer Command Ostfront will be released sooner rather than later,it includes some interesting feutures such as a map editor in which u can create maps from existing locations easily,dynamic campaigns and so on.
I just wish that there was the possibility to have those at CM.

Well, the CM campaigns are more or less dynamic - one has to define a number of missions and have the maps pre-built, but depending on the outcome of a campaign mission you can set triggers for different missions.
A true dynamic cmpaign would get boring sooner or later because one would probably rather get random objectives than a true storyline. Remains to be seen, though.

Some development screenshots of Pz Command:Ostfront (Release date- "Coming soon")

PCO32.jpg

PCO31.jpg

PCO30.jpg

PCO29.jpg

They're just development shots and I don't know if they're the finished product.
Overall, the game looks just like its two predecessors PzCommand:Winter Storm and PzCommand:Kharkov, neither of which blew my socks off because I didn't like the graphics and the fiddly game system.
Maybe PzCommand:Ostfront will be better..

Well, plenty of modding possibilities. CMBO looked even more crap (in fact one of the crappiest-looking games EVER considering graphics standards in 2001/2002) and everyone loved it. Plus we'll get TONS of different buildings. I thought we don't judge games by their looks around here? :tongue1:

Back