Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Patch question

Shady Side

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
i understand a new patch for CMCW is expected. I know that a in a pbem game both people have to the same version installed but what about the games you have in progress. If we install it does it mess with current games

It seems to work. The safest way is to use the save game function while you still have the old version and then load that savegame in the new version.

In other words, don't just try to pick up the other version's PBEM move.

You can do one of two things:
1) install the newer version in a separate directory and play your old PBEM game with the old install and any new ones with the new install. I do this all the time.
2) agree with your opponent(s) that you upgrade at the same time. Whom ever has the turn should watch the play back, save the game during the orders phase, exit the game. Then install the patch and reload the saved game. Then you can press the BRB to generate the new .ema files. At this point your opponent should have installed the patch and play said .ema file using the newly patched install.

Whatever you do, make sure that you BOTH play with the same version, no matter what it is.

I once had a game with a player. He upgraded during our game and did not tell me. Our game collapsed. It would get through 2 seconds of a turn and then the whole program shut down.

If you can both wait to upgrade until after your game is done, I would do that.

Whatever you do, make sure that you BOTH play with the same version, no matter what it is.

I once had a game with a player. He upgraded during our game and did not tell me. Our game collapsed. It would get through 2 seconds of a turn and then the whole program shut down.

If you can both wait to upgrade until after your game is done, I would do that.
Oh yes this has to be coordinated!

Back