Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Performance + Graphic improvement Guide

T

TheIDoc

Hello all,

some of you might know that I'm very new to this forum and please excuse me if this is the wrong section to post this (my first post). :)

After getting the hang of it it I tried to improve general performance and graphics. Which led me to various yt videos and online posts.
To save new ones like me some time I thought I could make a post with the info I collected.

Performance

I found this video from SmartWargames (which is a bit long but if you make it through or skip some parts ;) ) it is very useful!

1. he speaks about the Nvidia "Manage 3D settings":
which should be set like this:

1612226787898.png
1612226740682.png

2. Ingame I set it to

1612227650275.png

which improved my fps quite a lot.

For reference :

1612227064299.png

Graphics

1. I had to get "Reshade" - https://reshade.me/ | https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar0-nWIeMPIA2H92xQF65S8BrDMd?e=FAVkQe

After setting it up like he explained I tried to find settings which I like... a lot! I use the following:

1612227418646.png

Here I have 2 reference Pics:

1612227732404.png1612227794167.png

I hope this helps some guys and hopefuly i didn't broke any forum rules, sorry in advance!

At the end, I'd like to thank SmartWargames again!

I installed my game after I bought my new computer put everything on 'Best' and Bingo. I told the salesman it was for gaming but not for high-grade cinematic stuff. Maybe it is the quality of the YouTube video and I am not overly impressed. The graphics really come on their own on-camera position one.

I installed my game after I bought my new computer put everything on 'Best' and Bingo. I told the salesman it was for gaming but not for high-grade cinematic stuff. Maybe it is the quality of the YouTube video and I am not overly impressed. The graphics really come on their own on-camera position one.
I'm neither impressed by his shader settings shown in the video. But it shows how you can find them yourself :)

Thanks for the video as it is a solution to a non-existing problem. YouTube videos are not the channel to promote graphics so it may be a little unfair to this promoter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flicking around the videos it occurred to me that it has been a long time since I have actually played the CM games.
I've been mainly running campaigns.

I was interested in what the reshader can do, using different lighting effects.
I used to enjoy using mods to change the skins of terrain, soldiers and equipment. Must look into it again.

I looked into the graphics settings of the games as well, and realised they were all on balanced and low settings.
Not a bad idea for my massive map creations, but when I start playing again I'm going to boost them a little.

Thanks for the video as it is a solution to a non-existing problem. YouTube videos are not the channel to promote graphics so it may be a little unfair to this promoter.
My intention was to show you a way how to use Shaders/Reshade and find settings you like. Not the specific shaders shown in the video.

Flicking around the videos it occurred to me that it has been a long time since I have actually played the CM games.
I've been mainly running campaigns.

I was interested in what the reshader can do, using different lighting effects.
I used to enjoy using mods to change the skins of terrain, soldiers and equipment. Must look into it again.

I looked into the graphics settings of the games as well, and realised they were all on balanced and low settings.
Not a bad idea for my massive map creations, but when I start playing again I'm going to boost them a little.
Seems like we share the same interests :p I tried different shaderoptions and today I played one campaign mission in "nightvision", I liked it :)

20210202135454_1.jpg

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club ...Have a donut!

Last edited:
Dipped my toe into Reshade today after some hesitations. I wonder if there is some kind of description of all the shader effects. Surely there is one, will google, but does anyone know of one?
It would be cool if people (like above) post screenshots of before/after to get inspiration for trying different shaders. I have a RTX 3070 card which supports ray tracing. Does that mean that Reshade works better or does it work the same way despite GPU?

Back