Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Peugeot Armored Car

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
The Peugeot armored car was a four wheeled armored vehicle based on a commercial Peugeot truck that was quickly developed by the French in 1914 for use in World War I.

Q1VkvMs.jpg

The Peugeot armored car was rapidly developed by the French Army in 1914 to halt the advance of German forces. The vehicle was improvised from an existing commercial Peugeot truck, and underwent a rapid series of developmental changes once entering production. The vehicle resembled other armored cars of the era, such as the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, and possessed a single rather ungainly turret mounted to the top of the vehicle. The turret was equipped with a single 37mm gun, giving the vehicle effective firepower for the period, though a comparatively slow rate of fire compared to other vehicles equipped with machine guns. Early experiences on the battlefield quickly brought about improvements in armament and firepower to combat the new armored fighting vehicles emerging from Germany, and eventually the introduction of the tank. Production of the vehicle slowed once the war switched to trench warfare, finally ending with the end of World War I.

8JUlQns.jpg

Following World War I the few survivors were handed over to the Polish Army, where they remained in service for several years, seeing action against the Russians. Four cars were send to Serbia as military aid from France, and later used by Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Specifications
Weight 4.90 tonnes
Length 4.8 m
Width 1.80 m
Height 2.80 m
Crew 4-5
Main armament One Puteaux SA 18 37mm gun or a machine gun
Operational range 140km
Speed 40 km/h on-road.

Last edited:
Back