Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Podcast Thread

Ok my shoutout is for Dan Carlins Hardcore History

Cleared Hot- Andy Stumpf

War On The Rocks- was good but they switching to a membership model

Urban Warfare- John Spencer is good but been a while since he uploaded one

Ukraine The Latest- from the BBC is every weekday and a good way to keep up with the war

I can commend the Talking Strategy podcast by RUSI.

The hosts don't tend to intervene much, so it's mostly a series of guest lectures on various strategic thinkers. Falling in the range of 20-40 minutes each, they're hardly in-depth, but as someone without any formal strategic training it's a good collection of names to start with (if one is inclined to dig deeper) or a nice overview for the layperson.

I would say the first episode, Sir Julian Corbett and the British Way of War*, is quite a strong one as it clearly sets out the environment the strategy was developed in and explains the context well, so it's a good place to start to determine whether you'll like it or not.

*hint: it involves a navy, but it's actually a bit more comprehensive than just 'naval strategy'

Big fan of Brendan James and Noah Kulwin's Blowback.

A critical look at American foreign policy. The first season covered the Iraq War, season 2 looked at the Cuban Revolution and season 3 (I'm still working my way through it) is on the Korean War.
Very well-researched, and each season has a bibliography broken down by episode -- fantastic stuff.

Back