Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

QB with Pekische

Accidental Italian

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Cheers to @Pekische for the fight, Ladder battle report submitted in appropriate area, this is just an AAR
Pekische vs Ai 1.png
Comments -
This fight was on a semi urbanised map, with a large factory and housing complex manning the centre of the map, fronted by a large open ground, which ended at a dense, map spanning forest.

Pekische's forces were US Army Bradley mounted troops, with attached Armour and support assets, including several pieces of off map artillery. My forces on the other hand were 2 companies of motorised infantry, with one mounted in their BTRs, one company placed on the right in the industrial zone, and another on the left in the housing area. Pekische's main assault was focused on the right flank, in which the distance from the treeline that concealed his starting zone to the wall that spanned the complex was shortest, he moved fire support assets including both Bradleys and MG/Javelin teams into position in the wood line to cover his coming advance.

During this period, my positions in the complex were rocked by accurate artillery fire, aimed at pre-sighted TRPs, but fortunately my men only sustained light casualties, but not for long. When the main assault came it was bloody, breach teams carved holes in walls allowing his men to storm through, with Bradleys following short behind to pour fire into occupied positions. Return fire from BTRs killed and injured many, while ATGM team tried and mostly failed to knock out the armoured threat (though in one lucky case, a near miss soon resolved to hit a target just behind the intended).

Close combat raged inside buildings, with long warehouses becoming fortresses fought over for several turns. Soon, US forces began pushing my centre, though were repulsed, with many killed out in the open as they advanced. While many casualties were felt on both sides, including multiple tanks and most of the BTRs attached to 1st Company, the Russian fores manged to hold off the majority of the US forces, even after the 2 Abrams tanks brought to the fight charged forward, taking multiple hits from RPGs and killing over a platoon of dug in troops over the space of 20 minutes between them.

This fight was a brutal, taxing slog that could have gone either way at any point, i got very lucky in that a few lads managed to hold off while dog into the rubble of what was left of their positions. Nearly 75% of 2nd Company (dismounted) were killed in the fighting, with most of the remaining troops being single fireteams holding a desperate position. A key mistake i made several times, was the use of wire guided missiles, inside buildings, as the crews who fired would consequently suppress themselves with the launch. All in all, i loved it, great fight and cheers again Pekische.

Image below shows Final Russian Lines and Captured areas by US forces with directions of advance
Pekische vs Ai 1 AAR.JPG
See you in the rematch

Back