Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

QOTD #7 - Which Division to avoid?

Yeah, the Pacific War was brutal. My great-grandfather was a sailor and his ship was sunk early in the Guadalcanal campaign. He fought for a time with the Marines at the Henderson Field perimeter and it haunted him for the rest of his days.

Since I have been reading about it for over two years, any of the Divisions trapped in Stalingrad. The campaign (Case Blue) had mud, heat, cold, lice, jaundice and typhoid. All Divisions were bled dry of men in and around the city in September and October. They were surrounded mid November . Those that didn't die in battle, from shelling, frost bite, starvation or disease surrendered towards the end of January. They then faced death marches and long periods of post war captivity with forced labour.

I know they were volunteers, but my compatriots' tales of Krasny bor are something I'd want to avoid 100% haha.

When I recorded the video a couple of months ago (yeah the illusion is gone :p ) I had just been reading about the 29th US Infantry in the hedgerows around St Lo. That would be a nightmare. But yes I'd avoid in order:
The Pacific and then the Soviet Army.

When I recorded the video a couple of months ago (yeah the illusion is gone :p ) I had just been reading about the 29th US Infantry in the hedgerows around St Lo. That would be a nightmare. But yes I'd avoid in order:
The Pacific and then the Soviet Army.

Not a bad choice. I recall the 29th being hammered on D-Day and later in Huertgen Forest as well as what you describe at St. Lo.

Back