Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question on maximizing on map mortar ammo CMBN

The Great White North

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a match coming up and I'm trying to find a way to get more ammo for my on Map Mortars. I know of the half tracks for US and Ger but not familiar with the Brits.

Thanks if you got a tip! I've mentioned to Usuallyhapless if he could do a supply video and he mentioned he will look into it!

Regards...

Greetings. I have a match coming up and I'm trying to find a way to get more ammo for my on Map Mortars. I know of the half tracks for US and Ger but not familiar with the Brits.

Thanks if you got a tip! I've mentioned to Usuallyhapless if he could do a supply video and he mentioned he will look into it!

Regards...
Sometimes (nation dependent) mechanized forces will get trucks or HTs that come along with mortar teams. They are listed in a formations mortar sections. These are the ones you want/need to maximize mortar ammo. Could make them conscript since your only really using them as ammo, save a little on pts.

Also pay attention to caliber too, not sure if you get those small caliber ones that come with a platoon of Brit infantry. Might have to explore or experiment on your own to see. I havent played a QB as Brits in a long time.

I seem to remember the Brits having a bren carrier (with or without bren?) to supply a mortar squad. It even has a mortar in the inventory.
The typical Commonwealth platoon attached mortar is definitely very short on ammo. I find them pretty puny but very handy as smoke screen providers.

Thank you! Yes in the motorized Inf on map mortars have carriers with extra ammo. I also checked if a mortar team not attached to the unit can grab what's left as the ammo bearers are limited to how many rounds they can carry. Thanks for your responses! very appreciated...

. I also checked if a mortar team not attached to the unit can grab what's left as the ammo bearers are limited to how many rounds they can carry. Thanks for your responses! very appreciated...
Any unit can acquire mortars from vehicles. They seem to only share inside the lowest level formation (but I could be slightly wrong about that last point)

Any unit can acquire mortars from vehicles. They seem to only share inside the lowest level formation (but I could be slightly wrong about that last point)
I've noticed playing against Ger MG strongholds and AT guns that they are worth having at the platoon level. I'm setting up for a mirror match on the WynnterGreen France Somewhere Attack 260 It's a crazy map I've never seen it before and I'm shitting my pants doing an attack plan.

Back