Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question regarding artillery.

O

olaf

I want to have an UAV up looking for targets and be able to shift artillery on them from the start of the scenario. I have about 5 different artillery pieces.

I order my spotter to launch drone and also assign all artillery from him. However I do not want to shift ALL of my artillery to ONE target but the game insists on this with the "multi unit" thing. How can I avoid this?

I see several enemy tanks and I want to assign one artillery to each, not all at once on one tank.

I'm pretty sure a spotter can only call artillery on one target at a time, which makes sense. One guy can't be relaying target info and spotting for five batteries shooting at five targets simultaneously.

In modern warfare, more guys can spot, and this is how you must do this. Even in WW II I have light-medium on long. I see a fire mission for some extended time. To have the opportunity to adjust and engage more targets as they pop up. Light on Long if you suspect a lot of MG's infantry in foxholes etc. During an advance have an artillery umbrella. You can engage armor unbuttoned the enemy is buttoned up. The very big advantage you need to be unbuttoned to get C2 updates from nearby infantry.

It used to be that one spotter could control any number of simultaneous missions. But it was intentionally changed in V3.0 I believe.

To make the AI more effective with artillery. You never run the risk of counter-fire by the AI, especially in modern warfare. The flight of shells is picked up by radar.

I want to have an UAV up looking for targets and be able to shift artillery on them from the start of the scenario. I have about 5 different artillery pieces.

I order my spotter to launch drone and also assign all artillery from him. However I do not want to shift ALL of my artillery to ONE target but the game insists on this with the "multi unit" thing. How can I avoid this?

I see several enemy tanks and I want to assign one artillery to each, not all at once on one tank.
IIRC if you have an extra FO/HQ in the same action spot as the one who controls the UAV, they can also see the UAV footage. Not 100% sure if they can also use it to target artillery strikes though, but you could try that out.

Like others said, it is indeed not possible anymore (since CMRT I think?) to use one FO on multiple different fire missions at the same time. As soon as one battery is FFE, you can order the next one though.

Reagan said “My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.” It backfired :mad:

1. is there anything special about FO teams with multiple individual team members being obeservers?

there are german FO teams with 2 members (1 radioman + 1 air controller) and with 3 members (1 radioman + 2 air controller).
shouldnt that allow me to have 2 simultaneous missions?

1. is there anything special about FO teams with multiple individual team members being obeservers?

there are german FO teams with 2 members (1 radioman + 1 air controller) and with 3 members (1 radioman + 2 air controller).
shouldnt that allow me to have 2 simultaneous missions?
Which war are you referring to? WW 2 German radios were not of the same standard as the US. In modern warfare about anybody can call in artillery. A little delay but it goes through the same network.

i was asking in general, taking units from the modern german army in CMSF2 as example.

i was asking in general, taking units from the modern german army in CMSF2 as example.
Yes, about anybody can support the FO by calling in Artillery it goes through the same network a delay of a few minutes is natural.

Back