FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Hi guys -- probably going to shut down the Quick & Dead -- I guess the new "Hang 'em High" competition basically makes the Q&D competitions redundant -- as it's the same thing/concept, just bigger with more players (depending on sign-ups).

Will continue to work on other formats -- including the new CM: Risk

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Sad to see it go @Rico I'd say out of all the tourneys/cams on FGM... the quick & the dead has probably been my most played. Good times for sure! Thanks for running for running these, its been a blast.
Well, I am not sure what to do here ... does the new tourney make mine redundant or not -- there is a limited pool of players with limited time and gaming capacity?

It's a bit like I was running a nice little mom & pop hardware store and Home Depot moves in next door ... I liked the format because it was small, quick and low admin and not too much of a burden if time was tight due to life/work pressures.

Maybe I'll try and come up with something else that doesn't tap into the same pool of loyal, dedicated players...

Last edited:

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Honestly I assumed you were taking a break from it for awhile and badger was taking over. Count me in as your first sign up for CMBS Q&D. Think its been about a year since we last did CMBS. Since his Hang em high will have more players, rounds will probably take longer. Also the ladder thing doesn't thrill me either. Not to mention we're just now finishing up with CMFI, so that front feels worn out at the moment, at least for me anyway (Scouts Out tourney too). So CMBS will be fresh!

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
I'm gonna be taking a break from tourneys/campaigns for a while. Both parents are having health issues and I don't want to sign up for anything with time limits and then have to potentially drop out or cause delays. I'll continue playing individual games, of course.

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
I'm gonna be taking a break from tourneys/campaigns for a while. Both parents are having health issues and I don't want to sign up for anything with time limits and then have to potentially drop out or cause delays. I'll continue playing individual games, of course.
Sorry to hear that -- good luck with helping/taking care of your parents. Life comes first!

Badger73

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
Honestly I assumed you were taking a break from it for awhile and badger was taking over.
<snipped>
That was always my intention. However, with @Bootie out sick most of the Christmas season and also away from FGM since Saturday, 13-Jan, it seems some staff messages didn't get through. I will run Hang 'Em High January-April while @Rico moves forward with Q&D-CMBS in the next few weeks. Sorry for mis-communicating.

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Good to see... looks to be fun for sure. But quick heads up, I gotta go out of town for probably 2 weeks in early Feb.
No prob -- we are pretty relaxed and flexible in Quick & Dead -- I'm sure your opponents would enjoy a 2 week breather from the usual beatings they get at your hands. :p;)