Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Reading suggestions about the battle for Iwo Jima

D

Dukal

I want to learn more about the Battle for Iwo Jima, is there anyone that have some books on that subject to suggest ?

Thank you for your answers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question.
I've only read a few books on the battles in the Pacific. A couple of the naval battles and one on Okinawa.

I went over to my library website and looked up what was available there.
There's quite a few actually but one caught my eye:

"Iwo Jima: Legacy of Valor" by Bill D. Ross
- An hour by hour account of the largest and most brutal assault ever conducted by the Marine Corps.

Doing some research I found this snippet from the New York Times book review.

"Bill D. Ross has written that book. I consider it the best book on a campaign and on a fighting force, in this case the Marines, since Alan Moorhead's work on El Alamein. The author's research has been thorough. He has read, as far as I can see, most of the writing, published and unpublished on Iwo Jima, and he has given us a splendid book."

Another book now added to my list ;)

Last edited:
That's a good question.
I've only read a few books on the battles in the Pacific. A couple of the naval battles and one on Okinawa.

I went over to my library website and looked up what was available there.
There's quite a few actually but one caught my eye:

"Iwo Jima: Legacy of Valor" by Bill D. Ross
- An hour by hour account of the largest and most brutal assault ever conducted by the Marine Corps.

Doing some research I found this snippet from the New York Times book review.

"Bill D. Ross has written that book. I consider it the best book on a campaign and on a fighting force, in this case the Marines, since Alan Moorhead's work on El Alamein. The author's research has been thorough. He has read, as far as I can see, most of the writing, published and unpublished on Iwo Jima, and he has given us a splendid book."

Another book now added to my list ;)
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll check it out and comeback to you.

I will check for the other book also because North Africa is my favorite theater of WWII

Back