Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Red Thunder Baranichi scenario

Captain K

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking for someone to play as germans in the mentioned scenario.
You decide if we play ladder or not.
No artillery calling before kick off for both sides.

Thats it!

Hi Captain K,
I would gladly accept your challenge. Take a little patience with me though because usually the setup (especially as defender) will take a bit of time on my part. After that the turns should come in faster.

We can play ladder no problem and concerning the artillery I have no problem there either.

Only 3 questions:
1.)Do you have Dropbox and if yes, what´s your email ? (mine is: brille287@gmx.de)
2.)What skill level are we playing on ?
3.) Have you played that scenario before ? If so I would take a look on the soviet side too so we are even in knowledge. If not I prefer to get surprised on which units I have to face. :) So in that case peeking into the soviet setup is a no go for me.

Yes Dropbox dosall@outlook.dk
Skill level is Iron
And no, I have not played it before fully. I played 3-4 turns as russians just to test some mods. I never play the AI actually.
So I have practically no knowledge of what german forces await, no more intel than the briefing can provide.
I just recently got the game, and I find it boring to play the AI.

So do you want to proceed?
We can make it a fun battle if you want.

Yeah I don't like to play the ai in general either. I played just a few for each combat mission game. In some I even played not a single scenario.

If you want you can start up the game via Dropbox. Otherwise I will set it up this evening.

I created a folder. Did you get the invite?

Oops. It seems I have to patch the game upp first. Sorry. I´ll send anothe file 1 later.

Last edited:
I created a folder. Did you get the invite?

Oops. It seems I have to patch the game upp first. Sorry. I´ll send anothe file 1 later.
At least I got the invitation. :D No rush we have enough time. :)

File is on its way now.

Soviet Russia never has enough time ;)
Alright, got it and back to you. :) Do you want a notification (via PM) if another file is in the folder or do you check for yourself ?

Alright, got it and back to you. :) Do you want a notification (via PM) if another file is in the folder or do you check for yourself ?
Nah it´s fine. Just go ahead and set up. I sent file 3 back to you.

Hi Captain K,
I would gladly accept your challenge. Take a little patience with me though because usually the setup (especially as defender) will take a bit of time on my part. After that the turns should come in faster.

We can play ladder no problem and concerning the artillery I have no problem there either.

Only 3 questions:
1.)Do you have Dropbox and if yes, what´s your email ? (mine is: brille287@gmx.de)
2.)What skill level are we playing on ?
3.) Have you played that scenario before ? If so I would take a look on the soviet side too so we are even in knowledge. If not I prefer to get surprised on which units I have to face. :) So in that case peeking into the soviet setup is a no go for me.
We still on Brille?

I can understand taking your time setting up, but it´s been a week now without even kickoff.
Just asking because I dont like dusty folders piling up.

We still on Brille?

I can understand taking your time setting up, but it´s been a week now without even kickoff.
Just asking because I dont like dusty folders piling up.
Hey it´s only 6 days...that´s hardly a week ! :D No I understand and I´m sorry. I don´t like to keep my opponents waiting but sometimes something gets in the way. But usually once everything is set up the turns will go out frequently. Don´t worry, once I accepted a challenge I won´t back down. I either win or ride into defeat, head high ! :D Turn is up to you. I´m waiting for the soviet horde...

Lol. That was quite a motivational speech. To bad that you sent the wrong file back to me, otherwise you could have dropped the mic right there and now :)

File 4 please :) lol

And yeah I understand that real life comes in between, but every now and then one gets ghosted by various players for whatever reason. So....

Lol. That was quite a motivational speech. To bad that you sent the wrong file back to me, otherwise you could have dropped the mic right there and now :)

File 4 please :) lol

And yeah I understand that real life comes in between, but every now and then one gets ghosted by various players for whatever reason. So....
Nah it is the right file. I tend to save on setup and leave the numbers as the game will give me. Feel lucky that the counter was that low...usually I save even more. :D
I had some problems in earlier games renaming the files and then not showing up on the opponents screen for whatever reason.

It is definitely the soviets turn in this file...I checked. ;)

Forgive me for being to early with my sarky.

And I truly hope that I never rushed you with my earlier post.

Forgive me for being to early with my sarky.

And I truly hope that I never rushed you with my earlier post.
There is nothing wrong with a nice reminder, so don't you worry. :)

I´m gona have to throw the towel in on this one @Brille
I got 3 more of those horrible tanks coming in later on, but I seriously doubt they will be able to add anything positive for my side.
In fact they will probally just add to the frustration I´m having on this one.
I´m sorry but there you have it. Atleast I now know how awful those tanks are. Either that or I´m doing something wrong.

I´m gona have to throw the towel in on this one @Brille
I got 3 more of those horrible tanks coming in later on, but I seriously doubt they will be able to add anything positive for my side.
In fact they will probally just add to the frustration I´m having on this one.
I´m sorry but there you have it. Atleast I now know how awful those tanks are. Either that or I´m doing something wrong.
Well especially soviet tanks are known for their poor visibility. In addition to that you are on the offensive, so my tanks came with an advantage from the get go as they were mostly static.

It surely would have went better for you if you would have massed your tanks on one side to get higher numbers against mine. From what I´ve seen with the fog of war, you were either on par or outnumbered in the ammount of tanks on either side. And speaking of Panthers you should have at least a ratio 2 to 1: One as bait and the other to shoot the Panther as it´s occupied with slaughtering the other one. And even then the Panther might deflect the shot(s)...at least from the front.

I however have a little higher view of the T34/85 than I had before. These turret sides were just a pain. I underestimated their armor thickness at an angle. Though I haven´t counted the deflected shots, but it was just amazing how seemingly easy the T34 shrugged them of at times...even from my Panthers.

It was an interesting game never the less. But please be so kind and send me the last turn with the results.

Should we start another then ? :)

I´m going to have to agree with you. I handled this battle wrong from turn 1.
Ofcourse we must not forget that excellent defence that you managed to setup. That was the prime factor, well played.
Feel free to pick a battle out. You decide what sides we play, and the rules.

Back