Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Red Thunder (CM Eastern Front)

Battlefront.com is proudly announcing today a major new title in its series of tactical WW2 combat simulations: Combat Mission: Red Thunder! For the first time in ten years, Combat Mission returns to the Eastern Front. And with a vengeance.

CM Red Thunder jumps right into the thick of the hard fought battles during Summer 1944 when Operation Bagration took the Soviet forces from the swamps of Belarus to the gates of Warsaw. Experience the most balanced per...iod of tactical warfare on the Eastern Front, even as the Axis' strategic ability to wage war began to collapse. Play out historical battles and campaigns or create your own customized Quick Battles. All new units, new terrain, and new features make this a must have for all Combat Mission fans.

CM Red Thunder is an all new standalone game, does not require any of the other titles, and it comes with all new game engine features. Just to name a few highlights:

* Backpack and vehicle flamethrowers
* Tank riders
* Hit decals
* And lots more... for a complete list, please visit the "Overview" section.

And the best part... CM Red Thunder is open for pre-orders right away. For only $55 plus Shipping & Handling, you get:

* Immediate download upon release including early notification by email
* Tin Case Special Edition and DVD by mail (the tin case holds up to 4 discs, great for all the follow-up modules
* Two printed manuals (the East Front manual, and a 3.0 Engine manual)
* A saving of $10 for the "Download&Mail" option vs. ordering after release

For more details about the game, a complete overview of the new features, and a bunch of beta screenshots, jump right here to the CM Red Thunder game page:

[ www.battlefront.com/redthunder ]

Pre-orders fine print
If you pre-order now, you will have to pay immediately and not when the game is released. You will have to pay for Shipping & Handling since the pre-order comes with a mail component. For international customers, additional VAT and customs fees may apply. Main residents add sales tax. If you do not want the mail components of the pre-order or do not want to pay now, please don't pre-order and wait until the game is released, at which time a "Download Only" delivery option will be available.

There was a post by one of the producers saying that release day will be in March.

Fire, Hit Decals, Eastern Front, AI Triggers in the Scenario editor.

gpoy-13037-1329787237-94.jpg

Stoked for all the improvements! The new engine is going to be slick. I was not overly impressed with the graphics on the flamethrower animation though. No big deal as I know one of the talented modders will come through on that one. The Hit decals are a nice addition too. I think the biggest game changer will be the triggers! Once the talented scenario designers get the concept wrapped around their heads I believe what they will be able to do with scenarios will be heads and tails above the old system.

I love the announcement and will enjoy the game but I have always preferred the Western Front over the Eastern Front. So, I cannot wait until they port the features to CMBN and CMFI.

Once the talented scenario designers get the concept wrapped around their heads I believe what they will be able to do with scenarios will be heads and tails above the old system.

Agreed. Probably the biggest game changer in the engine update, even when put alongside fire/hit decals etc.

More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons... <---- Great. Have to wait and see but after a few battles in I came to think they went too far with 2.0 changes with boosting the power of automatic weapons. (Compounded by the lack of formations to spread your poor infantry out).

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Love the marketing speak though... "Experience the most balanced period of tactical warfare on the Eastern Front"

LOL ... they didn't pick the period because it was "balanced" -- they picked it because it was easier to pick up and ship most of the German kit and OOB's to the east and add Russians ... than build from scratch. :D

Not quibbling tho -- can't wait to get down and dirty with the Ostfront again!

Agree with you there. I really do not think that any further major tweaking was necessary. What exactly are they talking about with 'more realistic/varied RoF'?

Automatic weapons, not just HMG's had the ability to take out whole teams in one quick burst. Maybe fine up close but this was occurring at distance. MP40's at around 100 plus meters. It maybe accurate, (not a weapons range grog), but the inability for players to plan accordingly through the use of formations sought of gave a by default bonus to the automatic weapon holder.

As for command lines, pretty sure they can be toggled on or off.

Great news. I definitely will buy this one too but I hope the engine updates for CMBN will follow soon. I am "constantly" in fear not finding opponents for the eastern front as I just can`t get myself to play with the russians (better said their equipment/tactical doctrine not the russians per se) and can`t think of much reasons why anybody would like to play with them. But I guess there will be of course some guys willing to play the russian side...

Great news. I definitely will buy this one too but I hope the engine updates for CMBN will follow soon. I am "constantly" in fear not finding opponents for the eastern front as I just can`t get myself to play with the russians (better said their equipment/tactical doctrine not the russians per se) and can`t think of much reasons why anybody would like to play with them. But I guess there will be of course some guys willing to play the russian side...

I'm happy to make a date for a game as the Russians when we have it in our hot little hands ...

Back