Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rikonovo Intelligence Operations Center

Nathangun

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Commanders !
Report all your battle intel here.

images

Gentlemen, due to recent enemy air attacks our radios have been damaged and we trying to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
From the reports coming in the Kommando Rikonovo Staff have done a intel analysis of our area of operations and have raised some concerns and suggestions.

battle-of-kursk-ww2-history-in-pictures-013.jpg

Click on image for larger view.

Intelassmentsday1afternnoon_zpsf008d7fe.jpg~original

Last edited:
I sounded the warning last Thursday (Day 1; Afternoon 1 thread)! :cool::

DG is gonna need help, and we have to face the fact that we are gonna lose the Gayna "line", such as it is, in a couple of turns. If The Soviet infantry in Obcha moves to S5, he can cut the road Kurgan-Rikonovo by nightfall. If Gruppe Mehlsack moves to R5 (or maybe S5), and I retreat to Kurgan, we can by some time for DG and Mad Mike to hold at Gnuya. Mehlsack could dismount in Q4 and move to R5 and the vehicles could move to or toward Riko.

@Bootie : Herr Oberst, Meine Herren,

I suggest to push hard south of the Berzhinka with 3. Kompanie and Panther-Abteilung. There we don't have to worry about flank threat since swamps and woods are not passable for tanks. After destroying the enemy forces along the road south of the Berzhinka in terms of a hard and fast hit we can expect to find a ford at Lozovka to cross the river and threat the enemy in the back.

The heavy Kompanie shall become a anchor of defence north of the Berzhinka since it provides arty support around (range: 4 hex). We can expect enemy infantry forces attacking through the heavy forests against the heavy Komp soon, so we should send infantry support for hvy Komp.
Since tanks can not enter the heavy forests we just have to block north and south of this belt of forests east of hvy Komp. E.g. we shall think about leaping Sperrgruppe mjkerner behind Gruppe Mehlsack (which lacks anti-tank-weapons)

To concentrate enough troops in this area we should take the risk to cover the north only with very few troops.

North of the Berzhinka our troops can fall back "hex by hex" in case the enemy pushes to hard. So we can delay the advance of the Reds north of the river while our attack in the south is developing.

@nathangun: In my sector the Russians pushed forward with minimum one infantry company (including mortars and heavy machine guns)
and four selfpropelled guns. I could destroy two of them and perhaps kill about 20 Russians.

Gruppe Shorker 22 men ok
Casualties: 17 KIA, 19 WIA, 1x POW (StuG gunner)
1x StuG destroyed
1x 37mm Flak HT destroyed

Force remaining:
(No HQ personnel left)
2x half strength Hvy MG teams
2x 81mm mortar teams
1x arty spotter team
4x trucks
1x kuebelwagen

Intel OP's

images

Gentlemen

@Dutch Grenadier
@Mehlsack
@Richtig
@Mad Mike
@Floki
@robslion

It is of the utmost importance that you report intel on the type and numbers of the enemy on the CM battlefield.

Remember, enemy PE-2 bombers are in the skies, keep it in mind when setting up your CM battle.

INTEL REPORT - DAWN, DAY 2 (03:00 - 06:00)

Click on image for full view.
Rik-DAY-2-DAWN-GER1_zps462fe9f7.jpg~original

When were the infantry troops at P5 and D5 reported? They are not on the operational map provided by @Rico . I would have like to know this before I sent units that way.

When were the infantry troops at P5 and D5 reported? They are not on the operational map provided by @Rico . I would have like to know this before I sent units that way.

Those units were last spotted/reported in the afternoon - -since then contact lost during night time -- other night time tank movement reports based on sound -- no one has visual contact.

I guess that's why it's called a Fog of War?

Those units were last spotted/reported in the afternoon - -since then contact lost during night time -- other night time tank movement reports based on sound -- no one has visual contact.

I guess that's why it's called a Fog of War?

Hmmm... this does change some things but orders are already given. Let's see how it goes...

Back