Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rinaldi's Screenshots & AARs

Rinaldi

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
@Rinaldi did you play with the HardCat & Command Friction rules?
I'm familiar with them, having read Bil's blog, but no I don't. At least, not deliberately. I don't want to go off on too much of a tangent, however; with the exception of extremely obvious stuff, or massed co-ordination of fires, I generally do not engage blindly or move units into the unknown: because it doesn't work. I don't feel the need to roleplay further. Sending a tank or squad to a flank I know is under threat but that unit isn't yet aware is more likely to just result in that unit dying, or at the very least not getting first spot. It's always better to wait until at least their immediate commander knows what the hell is going on.

George MC

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
@Rinaldi just finished reading your Feierabend AAR. What a fascinating and engaging read man! Your use of characters brought life to this action and was very evocative on the actual actions this was based on (see Panzer Gunner by Bruno Friesen). I was really rooting for the lieutenant and Starke! I also found the description of 'battle positions' useful and informative. Also helped give real context to what the pixel truppen were hoping to achieve. It was also very satisfying from my designer POV to see someone tackle this exactly as I envisaged, although I failed a lot to achieve when playtesting!

Kudos mate :)

Rinaldi

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER