Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

RockinHarry says Hello :)

R

RockinHarry

german somewhat nitpicky wargaming guy, usually to be found on BFC forum and elsewhere. Got to admit I´m more interested in history and playing wargames is more of a tool for my more in depth (hobby) researches. But I enjoy playing for the fun of it as well. Usually spend more my time in editors, so my playing times, PBEM/H2H in particular will be more scarce unfortunately.

Other than that my background likely is similar to most the ppl here. Hobby historian and wargamer since earliest times (late 1970/80ies), starting with SL boardgame followed by all what can be obtained from SSI on my that time Atari XXL and C64 (Kampfgruppe, Panzer Strike, War in East etc). Like tactical battles the most, but if I find time play out the grand strategy as well (Grigsby´s stuff, HOI etc). Also like playing Crusader Kings 2 and EU4, as is some the better tactical shooters like RO2 and ARMA occasionally. I also like jumping into virtual tanks, though good offerings are rather scarce (PE, SF 42 etc). Lack of time and changing focus mostly prevents me from really getting good at one game or the other, so got to relearn quite oftenly.

Other than that, I´ve no military background and wasn´t in (german) army. I´ve neither political nor national interests, so I don´t care on others as well. I tend to avoid any such related discussions usually. Otherwise I keep that in privacy.

Well... so far, so good.

cheers, Harry

Hello Harry. What got you interested in history? Are there specific eras that interest you, or is it a broad interest?

Your knowledge could be helpful in designing semi-historical campaigns that are run here from time to time if you are interested.
I have been considering starting a CMRT campaign set on the eastern front of WW2. It got shelved for a time, but I'm considering reviving it.

Big welcome to the Club @RockinHarry The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Greetings, @RockinHarry! You have already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. It's nice to see you here as well as on the Battlefront forums. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Even a newbie like me recognizes your name from BFC, and pleasantly. ;)

Back