Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round 1

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Germans start the Round
Russians, when it is your turn please double check that all the parameters are set correctly.

Round 1

German Probe
Small
30 minutes (If you already started using 45 minutes, ceasefire at 30 mintes)
Map Selection: Human (FR_Reitwein-880x880-Village-Open-Probe-01)
Eastern Europe
Service: Players Choice
Combat Force: Armored Infantry
Preview Allowed
December
Dawn
Mist
Light Snow
Standard Rarity

Scenario 1 Rules:

Only the Attacker may use 1st turn and pre-planned artillery.
TRP’s for both sides are allowed.

I will ping everyone every couple or few weeks especially if the board has not heard from them.
Remember, If you are going to be away for more than 3 days let your opponent know.
If you have not heard from your opponent for 3 days please let me know.
It would probably be best if everyone sent me their password just in case.
Everyone (especially me) would enjoy posts on how a battle is going. Screen captures would be bonus.

Round 1 ends Sunday December 19th

Questions?

Good luck and good hunting!

Round 1 Opponents

Msr1kip.jpg

@Stafford @Lews Therin @Aurelius @Artkin @sspoom @OnePingOnly @Lethaface @Paleolithic Monk @MeatEtr @Bill @Menofwar93 @SlySniper @Redwolf @Monty's Mighty Moustache

Last edited:

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Yes of course.

I didn't even think of the Preview.
I figured everyone knowing what the map would be would have loaded it and took a walk around already.

I'll edit the top post to read "German Probe" and not just Probe.
I'll also change the Preview to allowed.

OnePingOnly

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
I figured everyone knowing what the map would be would have loaded it and took a walk around already.
Yes, I've already been out this morning with my staff in our Kubelwagen to survey the terrain and best avenues of approach.
Then, I went inside, changed my uniform, and went out with my other staff in our GAZ-67 to survey the terrain and likely avenues of approach. :D

Lews Therin

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
@Gunner The Partisans have no armored infantry, does that mean we should choose one of the other two Soviet branches for this battle?

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
@Gunner The Partisans have no armored infantry, does that mean we should choose one of the other two Soviet branches for this battle?

I never would have thought someone would pick Partisans. I was thinking only of the Soviet Army or Guards.
I've never put together a tournament using quick battles before only using canned scenarios where there really weren't a lot of options and questions.
If I ever do this again I'll have to pay much closer attention to the details and all the possibilities.

Gunner, just noticed, map recommends 30 minute battle and we are using 45 minutes. Thats ok, but understand the attacker has a given advantage now, time never helps the defender.

No I didn't know about the map recommendation.
I brought this up earlier in the sign up thread to make it 30 or 45 minutes. I mentioned that 40 minute isn't an option as it is in the editor. Not much was said about it. I didn't want to make it 30 minutes figuring going long would be better than coming up short.
I'll take a much closer look at Scenario 2 & 3.

Ah well, if no one is started yet we certainly could change it to 30 minutes.

Has anyone started?

@Stafford @Lews Therin @Aurelius @Artkin @sspoom @OnePingOnly @Lethaface @Paleolithic Monk @MeatEtr @Bill @Menofwar93 @SlySniper @Redwolf @ Monty's Mighty Moustache

Bill

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Yes, started. Will start sending files Monday. Can change to 30 mins if you want. I laugh in the face of 45 minute battles.

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
OK good, Bill. Thanks.

I much prefer the 30 minute battle not only for playability but it will shorten the length of the tournament greatly.

So lets do this then:
I'm changing the length of the scenario above to 30 minutes.
If you have started the battle for 45 minutes just have a hard stop and call a ceasefire 30 minutes.

Please pop in here and let me know you are aware of this new rule.

And sorry for the confusion.