Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round 1

SlySniper

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Guardsman,
Yes, you were schooled. But keep your head up. You actually did a pretty good job. Other than buying a couple more AT guns 45's to give you a little more defence vs halftracks. and maybe the locations you selected for setting up such AT units, you did well.

Your use of your Mortars was excellent and you did a fair amount of damage to my infantry with them, your infantry play was also good and I am glad I managed to keep my fire power alive because your units were hard to dislodge.

you guarded and look like expected me to attack your right flank and I bet most players on defence did the same. But I saw the easy path to victory attacking to your left flank, which is impossible to defend as long as I am able to cross the map on that side, which I showed as possible and was the key to sweeping and flanking your units.

But you learn by playing people more skilled and then importing what you learn into your own game play.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
@SlySniper here is the method I use.

Jump over to imgur.com, make a new post and upload your pic, wait a few seconds for it to upload, then right click on the pic > open image in new tab.
This will give you the pic with a direct link in the address box, copy that link and use 'link image' on this forum, paste the link in there - done!

I'm not sure but I thought @Bootie may have turned off local pic hosting as it was chewing up too much data?

Thanks, I will give that a try and see if I solve the issues.

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Wow, go away for a few days and come back for a maximum catch up.

Great AAR’s and discussions of the scenario and tactics.
This is what I like about tournaments, many playing the same scenario and seeing the difference in approaches. Great stuff.

Just finished filling out the spreadsheets.
The Germans did a bit of a catch up this Round. In fact at one point it was 5 to 5 in wins/losses until the last final where the Russians took the edge.
The Russians are pretty far ahead in total points also.

Currently, the MeatEtr is at the top of the ziggurat, on top of the pyramid.

We have 3 games left to finish in this Round.
I’ll be on the road again from Saturday until Tuesday the 30th.
Next Wednesday I’ll start organizing things for the kickoff of Round 2 hopefully by the weekend.

I’m going to start posting the status of everything here and not update the Standings thread until the end of the Rounds.
It should make it easier to follow without having to switch threads.

Round 1 Status as of Nov 24th:

vFgwlIs.jpg

Round 1 Winners (In Yellow):

Ta72Sly.jpg

Round 1 Standings as of Nov 24th:

G7CbumC.jpg

Artkin

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
We are in overtime over here with MMM. Two minutes so far. Oh boy. I lost like ten dudes in one turn thanks to a greedy play.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
oh, I like overtime if its just two guys playing against each other. It does help with some gamey actions as to preventing them from working

I dont like it in tournament play because when you are trying to compare scores from different matches. The length of play should not vary. And when the setting is on that can be as much as 5 minutes, and that is with the minimum setting. That is a huge difference in a short time battle.

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
In my games it mostly featured late game (past endgame) rushes to get something in a objective somewhere in order to contest it, without actually having a real foothold. Now that can also be fun :D, but it's like another game in the game. Although I can also imagine the other way around; someone without battlefield presence trying to hold onto something which was for all intents and purposes already lost (the overtime allowing to exterminate any abominations).

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Correct, the concept is the vary of ending time prevents end game bum rushes onto the objective. It does help.

But in truth, it still is there and no matter what is part of the game. As a player, you should look at it as part of the game, dont want it to happen. then set up your forces and do what it takes so that bum rush is not a option for your opponant.

Dont create you controlled zone just in areas that have objectives marked on the map. control as much terrain as possible, players need to learn to play the game and work with it. If the enemy gets one unit on a zone , guess what, thats your fault, not his. He just did what it takes, your the guy that likely could have stopped it.

This is not directed towards you but to players in general, its a common whine and its like (get over it)

Monty's Mighty Moustache

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
It's not officially over yet but I would expect at least a Major Victory for Artkin in our battle, the overtime has allowed him to basically drive off any resistance I had. Had it finished at 0s then it may have been a draw or a lesser victory as I had quite a few forces on each objective but those extra few minutes have really made a difference.

Not that I blame the overtime, Artkin played a great game and used his combined arms force to the best of its ability. I feel I lost this battle in the setup phase.

MMM

Last edited:

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
These are great arguments for and against overtime.
To be honest, when creating the tournament I never even thought about creating a rule for overtime.

Do you think there should be a general rule that everyone should follow or just leave it up to the players of each scenario how they would like to end their game?
I'm not sure how it would or would not effect the tournament.
I'm leaning towards letting the players decide.

But, the rule as of right now, if either attacker or defender wants no OT then it is no OT.

Thanks for the update MMM.

@Bill @Lews Therin can we get an update?

**Reminder, I'll be on the road tomorrow and won't be back until Wednesday.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
In my game with @SlySniper we agreed to ceasefire after minute 30 to keep it in line with those who had started 45 minute games, if it had played out for several more minutes I probably would have been able to get more troops onto the final objective, changing the final score, or perhaps not. Either way it doesn't matter now, we're not playing for sheepstations. :cool:

A set rule from here on out would be a good idea though.

Artkin

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
@Monty's Mighty Moustache and I's battle has finally concluded after four minutes of overtime.
I'm curious to why I didn't get the full 250 points for each side objective. I only recieved 125 for each despite total control.
Also the center objective was barely contested, yet I didn't get any credit for it. What gives?

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-11-26-12-26-50-48.png

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-11-26-12-26-47-50.png

Monty's Mighty Moustache

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Wrt the centre, if objectives are in any way contested neither side gets the points is my understanding. So as long as I had at least 1 soldier on the objective then you don’t get the points.

Can’t speak to the others. Haven’t looked at it yet but will do later and post a quick AAR.

MMM