Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round One (Match Ups)

bfoxfootball1@ yahoo.com

Here you go guys,
For all you new guys, you might wonder what this is all about.
Two things, first it allows me to watch and monitor games,
Second, if needed pick up matches and drop players if they cannot keep up a decent pace as to turn rate.

What do the rank and medal symbols signify?
Ranks/promotions are based on finishing positions. @SlySniper has run three or four FW tournaments so far. I got my rank in the first of those, and haven't earned a promotion since :(. The medals are based on things like earning points in all 5 matches of a single tournament.

Some of the things to keep in mind, when playing the games in a FW tournament, is that although some of these games will be very unbalanced, you are really competing against the players playing the same side you are. Your score for each game is not the number of points your side gets, but rather the differential between your score and that of your opponent. If you are playing the side holding the "long" stick, you want that differential to be big. Conversely, if you are playing the side with the "short" stick, you want to keep that differential down. If your differential is better than half of the players playing the same side as you, you will get points for that game. On, at least two occasions, I just played out a battle that was hopelessly lost, only to find out that one minor victory somewhere in that battle would have put me in the top half, and earned some points.

You set up the dropbox and get the opponant invited and myself. Once That is done. I will post the game file there and the only method to open the file is with the password I have assigned you with.

Thus the method to have a true blind battle. You are gareenteed of the fact, neither one of you have any insights to the battle other than what information I have decided to share with you.

Pay attention to which side I tell you the game file is for, Many a time, the incorrect player tries to open the file sent, no biggie but it will only open for the side that it is the turn for.

Ranks/promotions are based on finishing positions. @SlySniper has run three or four FW tournaments so far. I got my rank in the first of those, and haven't earned a promotion since :(. The medals are based on things like earning points in all 5 matches of a single tournament.

Some of the things to keep in mind, when playing the games in a FW tournament, is that although some of these games will be very unbalanced, you are really competing against the players playing the same side you are. Your score for each game is not the number of points your side gets, but rather the differential between your score and that of your opponent. If you are playing the side holding the "long" stick, you want that differential to be big. Conversely, if you are playing the side with the "short" stick, you want to keep that differential down. If your differential is better than half of the players playing the same side as you, you will get points for that game. On, at least two occasions, I just played out a battle that was hopelessly lost, only to find out that one minor victory somewhere in that battle would have put me in the top half, and earned some points.
Good comment. Nailed it.
The point being, You need to do what you can no matter the situation to do the best you can.
It can be the difference between a win or a loss.
That margin in a few battles has been nothing more than a man or two on the battlefield for the battles that are on the swing point as to the 50/ 50 break line as to the results of all battles.
also you have no clue as to what that result might need to be.

Which brings up the point. when you finish a battle, its not time to start talking about what happens, no aar discussions until all battles are completed for a round. We normally have a few players slip early on.

But the point being. No player should do or say anything that might be giving the other side any information that might be of value.

What do the rank and medal symbols signify?
The best place to get a feel for that is review the results of the last Tournament I hoisted on the modern thread.

Rank is for the number of wins.
(so for all those Captains you see that have returned to this Tournament, they posted 4 out of the 5 games as wins in a previous tournament.)

Medals are earned by having the best score in the battle for the side played for a round.
The Highest Medal is "The Medal of Honor" which is given to someone that has the best score in 3 of the 5 battles played in the Tournament.

Thanks Joe - Got it.
Sounds similar to a couple of tournaments I've run where everyone is really playing against the others of the same side for points.

@SlySniper - will need your email for the DropBox invite.

I’m not sure I remember as it was from the Field Warrior Black Sea tournament back in 20/21. I’d like to think it was from a lucky highest score in one of the rounds, but it could well be a Wound Medal :LOL:
Nice to know you dont even know why you have them. The metal is a silver star, so you had two highest scores in a tournament, your rank indicates you have won 3 out of 5 matches in a tournament.

Nice to know you dont even know why you have them. The metal is a silver star, so you had two highest scores in a tournament, your rank indicates you have won 3 out of 5 matches in a tournament.
I was trying to appear humble, @SlySniper. I didn’t want to scare my next opponent :cool:

Back