Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round Three

sounds good
We're finished :). Good game and very well played by my opponent, I somehow managed to cheekily exit the HQ Stug which had lost it's commander (and weapons previously) but I don't know whether that counted in the score. Maybe it died while 'exiting'? Either way it was a nice but very hard challenge for the Germans imo. I have learned some lessons but against the fluid defense of @Horza Omanid it would be difficult situation anyway. I'll post a bit of an AAR later.

Yes indeed. It was quite a hard-fought match, and well played! I am uncertain as to why the points don't seem to reflect the exit of the tank though. In any case, it was a good fight, and a fun challenge. Very much looking forward to the next one to come soon, and will also post an AAR once its confirmed all matches have concluded. Thanks again to Lethaface for being such a good opponent!

Leatherface and Horza, there does seem to be a scoring issue with your battle. The tanks were worth 500 points each , if exited in good condition. but looking at the other battles that did manage to exit tanks, most being damaged and with non full crews.
200 points seems to be approx what was awarded. So I am adjusting your score by 200 points.

The good news is, that makes your match the middle group in the completed battles. So you will both be award 80 points for being in the top half of your respected sides.

Leatherface and Horza, there does seem to be a scoring issue with your battle. The tanks were worth 500 points each , if exited in good condition. but looking at the other battles that did manage to exit tanks, most being damaged and with non full crews.
200 points seems to be approx what was awarded. So I am adjusting your score by 200 points.

The good news is, that makes your match the middle group in the completed battles. So you will both be award 80 points for being in the top half of your respected sides.
I feel a little bad, but this is not correct. There is 10 completed battles, so there is no battle , that splits both ways. So Lethaface
will get the win, instead of both of you.

This also brings up game scoring errors. I hardly ever over rule the game on scoring unless it is a clear case that the computer program has made a real error that is clear and easy to note.

Also , in general, I hate to say it, I am seeing more programming issues in the games in general. I feel some late updates might be messing with some functions as to units within the games. In the CMRT game I just played I noticed alot of wierd stuff happening as to units funxctioning correctly.

I feel a little bad, but this is not correct. There is 10 completed battles, so there is no battle , that splits both ways. So Lethaface

This also brings up game scoring errors. I hardly ever over rule the game on scoring unless it is a clear case that the computer program has made a real error that is clear and easy to note.

Also , in general, I hate to say it, I am seeing more programming issues in the games in general. I feel some late updates might be messing with some functions as to units within the games. In the CMRT game I just played I noticed alot of wierd stuff happening as to units funxctioning correctly.
I'll not argue over it. I am here for the difficult battles, and to test myself, not win a prize. I was a little salty at the turn in the moment watching all 3 bazookas and some AT grenade squads spot the tank and proceed to do nothing for over half a minute, instead of firing at the thing, but that's the tac AI for you I guess, and a lesson I can learn for how to better position my AT weapons to halt armor in future. In the end, it made it out, and that's that. I still feel good knowing I halted the rest of the column, effectively knocking out 3 of the 4 tanks, and even managed to keep my casualties lowish for what I was expecting while putting a hurting onto his infantry. Congrats on the last second victory Letha, well-earned and hard fought!

Good attitude, Learning to evalueate your own skill and knowing what you are capable of is way more important than a score to prove it.

Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and being honest with yourself, then taking that knowledge and using it to improve oneself is a skill that makes for a succesful life. way more than just in a game, but in all one does. these games are just another place to use that approach.

And with time, the success always follow those that use such a approach.

Ok, that was way to deep.

I'll not argue over it. I am here for the difficult battles, and to test myself, not win a prize. I was a little salty at the turn in the moment watching all 3 bazookas and some AT grenade squads spot the tank and proceed to do nothing for over half a minute, instead of firing at the thing, but that's the tac AI for you I guess, and a lesson I can learn for how to better position my AT weapons to halt armor in future. In the end, it made it out, and that's that. I still feel good knowing I halted the rest of the column, effectively knocking out 3 of the 4 tanks, and even managed to keep my casualties lowish for what I was expecting while putting a hurting onto his infantry. Congrats on the last second victory Letha, well-earned and hard fought!
They must have been in awe of my cheeky Stug rush ;-)
But I can understand your feeling, the last stretch of road was certainly not cleared and I wasn't counting on it to make it through. I guess the dispersed smoke and distraction every barrel firing and the other vehicles which didn't make it through helped a bit. But more luck than wisdom that's for sure.

I'm sorry for Horza but obviously won't argue about it either ;-).

It was a strange issue indeed. I guess it was my time for some luck given my recent RL endeavours :ROFLMAO:

On the game bug things, this happened to me in the current CMSF2 battle against @MeatEtr during setup. First time I experienced something like that in CM. Unfortunately now MeatEtr's US forces have occupied that area without falling of the map :ROFLMAO::

cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2023.06.07 - 19.48.25.63.png

I'm sorry for Horza but obviously won't argue about it either ;-).

It was a strange issue indeed. I guess it was my time for some luck given my recent RL endeavours :ROFLMAO:

On the game bug things, this happened to me in the current CMSF2 battle against @MeatEtr during setup. First time I experienced something like that in CM. Unfortunately now MeatEtr's US forces have occupied that area without falling of the map :ROFLMAO::

View attachment 29363
are they under the map? My units got dropped 100m below the map once during setup

Setup underground bug

Back