Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round Three

Glad you spoke up about it Sly, i was a bit miffed when i saw some gleaming intel given away in here before i finished my battle. :cautious:

Since the sight in general is run by bootie, and he was down to no help.
I sure was not going to ask for such a thing, adding peaple as they finished matches to a thread is a little bit of a hassle.

the conversation feature could be used and then just add peaple when they finish.. but the last time I tried that it was not working. but maybe fixed now.

It would be a easy answer to being able to talk about the battle right after finishing it. I have had players do that with me directly. but it seems like we could just make it a group text in general as a round plays out.
That's a good idea by @JTimo imo (restricted AAR), I thought of it during one of the previous tournaments but thought it would be too much hassle for the admins.

But I just realized I can technically probably fix that as well, as I helped Bootie with some technical matters a while back. OTOH I'm busy too so might not always be actually quicker to arrange stuff and not sure how Bootie/you feels about it. I'm also playing the tournament, but I think such admin can be done without actually seeing the contents of a thread.

But it shouldn't be that much work (just add a username to a certain thread permission) and from this week my workload should be going back to what it used to be a year orso ago :). As in still (too) busy at times but not all the time :giggle:

In other words; maybe I could help with that for these tournaments.

Well, I know players want to chat about their games right when they finish, not having to wait for the slowest match to finish would be a major improvement.

It would likely be asking to much for the ability to be added so that I the user could just do it .

but having a thread that can be controlled as to who accesses it would solve the discussion issue and keeping things from being given out that shouldnt.

I know I threw this idea out there to start, but the last thing I want is to kill a good thing. The FW series has been great. Private messaging and conversations are good enough for me.

The simpler we keep this, the longer we will get to enjoy it.

Well, I know players want to chat about their games right when they finish, not having to wait for the slowest match to finish would be a major improvement.

It would likely be asking to much for the ability to be added so that I the user could just do it .

but having a thread that can be controlled as to who accesses it would solve the discussion issue and keeping things from being given out that shouldnt.
Why not just create a finishers PM convo? As players finish you just simply invite them to the PM convo. I don’t think there are limits to how many can be in a PM. I’ve been in one with about a dozen or so for several years now.

Why not just create a finishers PM convo? As players finish you just simply invite them to the PM convo. I don’t think there are limits to how many can be in a PM. I’ve been in one with about a dozen or so for several years now.
Agree, that is what I thought I meant earlier. but there might be a issue. Lately I have tried to add people to conversations and the feature has not been working at times. So not sure it will work but we sure can give it a try.

My match with Lethaface is almost at the halfway point now, and at a rather critical point too, but I have been assured the turn rates will increase in the coming days, and we will still be able to finish with relative speed!

@Monty's Mighty Moustache, @SlySniper - I’m away from tomorrow morning until Monday evening.

We’re into the last nine minutes and my slow progress along death’s highway is marked by wrecked HT’s whilst corpses litter the surrounding tree line………
Thanks for letting me know. On that note I am away next Thursday and Friday, back on Saturday.

Shame about your pixeltruppen but…c’est la guerre!

And right on cue my eldest has started throwing up all over the place. Not sure where that’s come from. I’ll try and get to the turn tonight @Raging Al but I may not be able to as I need to be on hand with a bucket

As I thought, the conversation feature is not going to work as to being a way to discuss AAR's as it is presently functioning.
Friedrich was trying to do that in his Tourrnament and ran into the problem of not being able to add someone after he had 5 people in it.

OK, finially time to give a report on the battles completed and where people stand.

The US Rangers are proving to be a hard nut to crack

Four players have finished with a Defenders advantage.

IN order of best score first we have

Laurent22, Stafford, Cargol and then Guardsman

So far only two germans players have exited enough units to have a point advantage

IN order of best score first we have

MeatEtr and JTimo.

If you have done well with the germans, you are going to get a win this round, if you are at the bottom of the defender list that have done well, you can be worried.

Because out of the remaining games I think there will be others joining you with similar scores

Just fyi I had a bit of a bad luck streak or something, just as I thought I had ended some mad work spree in a good way and having a long weekend, I injured my ellbow during the last football match of the season.
Rather frustrating because I had some other plans (party!) than to rest my arm in a sling. I did manage to put in one turn that way but that was cumbersome and I think not really the intention of the doctors orders. Anyway today I'm back to being a two armed bandit (good enough for PC use) so sort of back in action :).

Back