Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Scenario AAR's and Tactics Discussions

greyfox

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
one thing that absolutely did my head in was the fact that the Active protection system on some of my opponents BMP 3s was knocking out AP Shells from my tanks, which was a bit of a bugger when i had them in sights
I only saw it happen when HEAT rounds were fired at the BMPs, didn't see it with AP ammo

Lethaface

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
one thing that absolutely did my head in was the fact that the Active protection system on some of my opponents BMP 3s was knocking out AP Shells from my tanks, which was a bit of a bugger when i had them in sights

Strange, I always thought all APS only intercept RPG/ATGMs and not APFSDS rounds. Perhaps the T-HEAT rounds are slow enough to be intercepted?

Raging Al

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
According to the Black Sea manual: APS works by using radar to detect incoming threats such as ATGMs, RPGs, or some HEAT shells and fire an explosive charge that destroys the projectile before it can reach its target. APS does not work against tank sabot or autocannon shells, nor is it triggered by small arms fire.

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Website
www.youtube.com
Now there is a AAR, there is a lot of work to do something along those lines. It appears you have done a lot of them. How many do you have out there on the web
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I've been doing YouTube Combat Mission AAR's on/off for about 6 years. I'm probably close to 50 videos now, with over 20 FGM ArmA videos thrown in for the hell of it.

You've probably seen; there's a couple of AI Campaigns in there and a recent battle with Hapless https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSirDouble/playlists. I've got an AI Campaign on the go at the moment and I have an idea to give the videos something different, I'm still working on it though.

George MC

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
He! He! My 'tactical genius' is immortalized! ;) Thanks for a most excellent fight and for taking the time to produce this brilliant video @DoubleD . It was a blast and well played by yourself.

The BMP3 charge looks even better from your angle. Just a shame you can't hear my "WTF!!" as a tank suddenly appears in a location I was convinced no tank was...

Awra best and good luck with the rest of the tourney.

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Round two was a challenge for sure. I am pretty sure if you managed to save my Pixel Ukrainian Slyfoxski you are on the winning side. 4 players managed to post a ukrainian win.

I only saw one player use what I thought would be a good approach, and in truth, he did it better than I would have.

A few Russians made closing the trap harder than what it needed to be, they suffered poor scores with that.

So I will use a few images from MeatEtr play to show what I think was a great approach to making the escape.

Last edited:

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
Within the next minute after constant firing on all structures and locations with enemy infantry, he is able to sweep in on the right flank and capture the exit route. 5 minutes and he is in control and able to shift forces and defend this exit and withdraw on his terms. Very well done indeed.

[url=https://imgur.com/eda8aAd] [/URL]

Last edited:

SlySniper

FGM MEMBER
I did not see it attempted. but another thought I had was bombing the exit route with arty and then switching to smoke and rushing out with the smoke screen in place. The problem with this method is it allows the Russian armor to come forward on the most likely path and they can see and cover the exit from that location.

Anyway, the discussion is open to any point of views anyone would like to share and AARS for round 2

Ishfar

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
i fucked up with my arty. forgot to notice that it took 9 minutes to call in and i was thinking of dropping it on the side with the greatest enemy presence. lost a bmp and mtlb right out of the gate. although the remaining bmp2s area firing did some stellar work. ended up knocking out three of jtimo's bmp2s and smacking a bmp3 for a while. @JTimo did the two bmp2s in the north east that i killed with area fire have infantry in them? Cause if you pushed with infantry from that side i would have rolled up pretty quickly. there were only a few teams and the two bmp2s looking down the road