Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I was thinking of making some short movie about the action, but my performance wasn't that stellar ;-P
Also have my setup from the 2nd game waiting on me, not that much time. But the battle and initiative from @SlySniper deserves some more screens etc imo (perhaps should have kept an aar during the match), so here are some quickie screens I took just now while relaxing after work:

cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.06.59.06.png

cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.08.58.13.pngcm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.11.08.62.png

All seems well (although I wanted to go through the complex on the left orginially):
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.11.54.57.png

FUBAR, the .50 Humvee on the road shoots up the BRDM and a hunting squad, who decide to rush forward. And although I did flank and kill of the team in the building fired upon above, my flanking recon team was in turn ambushed by a team defending in depth. This also caused them to cross the road in face of the .50 Humvee and a sniper.
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.14.17.56.png

Fubar 2, although I got the .50 Humveem, my time coordination was botched and the technical didn't listen to his covered arc order and was taken out by the .50 before the BMP-2's even faced the road. Infantry is cowering. A moment later one of the BMP-2's would be taken out by the MK19 from the balcony, see next screen.
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.15.31.62.png

This was the MK19, it took down 2 BMP-2 iirc, although 1 was already dismounted because of sniper on left flank of this image (which also took down ATGM team near that BMP smoking in the back).

cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.19.31.25.png

Pushing forwards irregardless, hammering MK-19 with ATGM & BMP-2 30mm.
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.20.40.10.png

Give & take:

cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.21.43.71.png

End
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.24.59.18.png

Last edited:

SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Your images in some of them shots are excellent. Much nicer looking than what I see generally.
Since I do nothing to enhance the graphics. During play or After.

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
OH, it also reminded me, the MK-19 use by your opponent was also one of the best moves of any of the games.
I agree. I don't think balconies are good positions in general, but in this case he surprised me with it. I can't remember how much 30mm wen't into that floor before he changed their facing and unhid them, but less than I would like to have send there! I think I made some mistakes and was unlucky with certain things (mainly the walls not being broke by 20mm AA, which is why I chose to push the road), but he certainly capitalized on those mistakes! Well played @Gunsalot .

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Your images in some of them shots are excellent. Much nicer looking than what I see generally.
Since I do nothing to enhance the graphics. During play or After.
It's reshade with a profile setup from someone at the BFC forums. I think it was from a setup guide by Mord. Looks great, only the icon's get some coloring as well so with icons I usually disable it. It's easily toggled with shift F12 ingame, so I'm happy with it. No performance hit AFAIK.
Although for different CM games it would require a different profile, and I'm not really the one to fiddle with those settings for too long.

Gunsalot

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
CMSF2 FW lethaface.png

1: A wall that I had my engineers blast down to deny @Lethaface cover when entering that building.

2: I blasted down the walls between those two buildings for ease of movement. Starting the firefight in the bigger part of the house, later blasting over to the smaller part of the house evading the awesome area fire that I expected to be aimed at the larger room. Don´t remeber if I blasted my way out of the back as well when retreating further.

Nice screenies Lethaface!

Gnarly

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Great pics fellas, esp. @Lethaface (who I keep getting confused with @Lethal2615 ..., who I think actually changed forum names recently??). That has helped immensely to paint the picture.

I love the gunline of BMP-2s straight down the road across the bridge in piccy 1 @Lethaface ...

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
View attachment 19093

1: A wall that I had my engineers blast down to deny @Lethaface cover when entering that building.

2: I blasted down the walls between those two buildings for ease of movement. Starting the firefight in the bigger part of the house, later blasting over to the smaller part of the house evading the awesome area fire that I expected to be aimed at the larger room. Don´t remeber if I blasted my way out of the back as well when retreating further.

Nice screenies Lethaface!
Regarding 2, you did indeed! I had some more screens showing those, but only 10 max allowed.
As a matter of fact:
cm shock force 2.exe Screenshot 2020.05.27 - 19.22.17.13.png

Edit: I did sneak up one soldier on the far right here, killing the gunner of your GL (visible in here). Somehow the BMP-2s weren't seeing it, even though it had been firing it's MK19 wildly.
The screen is also showing my assault snipers :2charge::whistleo:

Last edited:

Gunsalot

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I think that two story house next to engineers was shielding our vics from each other. That hummvee never saw those bmps either.

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Great pics fellas, esp. @Lethaface (who I keep getting confused with @Lethal2615 ..., who I think actually changed forum names recently??). That has helped immensely to paint the picture.

I love the gunline of BMP-2s straight down the road across the bridge in piccy 1 @Lethaface ...
I can imagine lol, don't know him (or her) though.

Liked the pic too, was a great sight first few turns. My forces looked invincible! :D

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I think that two story house next to engineers was shielding our vics from each other. That hummvee never saw those bmps either.
Yeah, although the second BMP-2 on the right could look past that house in theory.

I also remembered one of those BMPs actually surviving a LAW and a 40mm from the squad in the, so can't say I was only unlucky. (during firefight in 4th picture).

SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
I did a video AAR. Between recording, editing, and narrating it took about 8 hours.

Feel free to critique, it's my first time doing one of these.
For a first time effort, you did really well.
8 Hrs to put it together - that seems about right. Again depends about how much you have done something like that before.

I have at least 10 hours into creating scenario #3 for you guys so far - But I did start that one with a map from scratch so that adds time. Likely another 4 Hours to put the finishing touches to it.

But I enjoy doing it, its just finding the time that is a challenge.

Lethaface

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I did a video AAR. Between recording, editing, and narrating it took about 8 hours.

Feel free to critique, it's my first time doing one of these.
Nice!

Narrating the whole thing seems indeed to take a lot of work (and some guts), so cheers for that!
Also your AAR gave me a new tactical idea. All BMP-2 have 2 smoke launches available. I used all from the starting positions. But, one could smoke with all bmp-2s from the starting position, shooting and perhaps leaving some part without smoke to allow shooting (@SlySniper favorite), moving up with some BMP-2s and smoke another time (towards the high rise buildings, objective and long sightline streets). That could somewhat secure flanks and allow BMP-2 to operate relative free of long range firepower.

Gunsalot

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@greyfox

A very good first video!

Pointers: Videos become extra cool when one leaves the mouse cursor out of it. Extra extra points are earned when one crops the hud from the footage.

8 hours of work into a 17 minute video sounds about right. I´ve tried my hand at this and have put my current project on ice for a while. Big respect for doing this.

greyfox

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Narrating the whole thing seems indeed to take a lot of work (and some guts), so cheers for that!
Thanks, it was an interesting challenge, but I enjoyed it.

@greyfox

A very good first video!

Pointers: Videos become extra cool when one leaves the mouse cursor out of it. Extra extra points are earned when one crops the hud from the footage.
Thanks very much. I considered doing what you suggested, but due to time constraints and inexperience I decided to concentrate on the bigger stuff (recording, narration, editing) rather than the value-add polishing. I'll leave that for the next attempt.

The biggest regret I have about the entire thing is that my narration was done live as I watched each clip, hence my frequent use of filler words, and repetitive used of "hopefully" and "such as", etc. Next time I'll create a script, and possibly use a separate audio track for the narration. I did have a lot of fun editing sentences together, and even changing the words I use ("reposition" became "position" as an example) - speaking more slowly and distinctly would help with this I guess.

Last edited:

Gnarly

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Excellent first job!

Apart from the commentary above, I'd suggest winding up the audio level somewhat of your narration compared with the game audio. Example at 6:50 - your narration is almost lost amongst the weapon fire.

Also, it never hurts to initially show all the troops laid out together in an organised fashion in your backfield, so viewers can quickly grasp what your command looks like as a whole. Maybe 30 seconds max, then switch to a view of them deployed, for further discussion.

I did like your shifting focus on each little sequential engagement. And great shoot-and-scoot demo.